cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating number from an old (existing) airtime plan to new contract via third party

MrJansell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon!

To cut a long story short, my current phone got water damaged so I paid the remaining balance on the device plan and requested a PAC code. I was advised my airtime plan would stay active until the PAC code was used.

I then purchased a new deal via Mobile Phones Direct (they were £6.55 a month cheaper for the same phone and deal!) but still on O2.

My question is, as I know you can't use a PAC code for the same network, am I able to migrate my current number over to my new deal? Do I contact Mobile Phones Direct or O2 directly for this?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Josh

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10286 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@MrJansell 

You can migrate your number, and all the details can be found in this guide Guide: Migration & porting into O2   You dont need a PAC or any type of code...  And o2 will normally process within 24hours, so might be worth leaving till Monday now.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10286 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@MrJansell 

You can migrate your number, and all the details can be found in this guide Guide: Migration & porting into O2   You dont need a PAC or any type of code...  And o2 will normally process within 24hours, so might be worth leaving till Monday now.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

MrJansell
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh Brilliant, thanks for that and for the super speedy reply.

Message 3 of 4

MrJansell
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi again @madasaf1sh 

I have received my new phone this afternoon and after doing the initial setup, called o2 and requested the number migration. After some initial confusion this was all sorted, so thanks for that.

My O2 is now showing only 1 phone number (the one I want to keep) against my new phone. However, my new phone is now showing 'SIM 1 Not Provisioned' message. Will this resolve itself on Monday (I know you said it can take 24hrs and they don't do it over the weekend) or do I need to put my old SIM in the new phone?

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4