Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Dependent Battery Discharge

AlanNP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Samsung Galaxy A10. When I'm at home I can charge it to 80% and, in three days, the level will fall to about 20% and I charge it again. When I stay at my friend's house the level falls to less that 20% after one day. The only Bluetooth pairing I have is with my hands free car kit, which is switched off when I am in the house and out of range anyway. I don't make more calls than usual when I'm staying with my friend. Can anyone explain what is happening to my battery's energy and, better, how I can stop it?

Alan.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Still no joy with login to My Network app via SMS or email code, @AlanNP - but the bit where you key in your postcode, select the check type (2G 3G 4G etc) and then click "Check Status" still works without signing in

Message 11 of 16

AlanNP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brainiac,

I'm sorry, I don't underestand your message. What is 'login to My Network app via SMS or email code' all about?

I  couldn't find a dialogue asking for a postcode but I did find an edit marked 'Search'. I  put my friend's postcode in and it showed me a map of where I live.

How do I know if I'm using 2G 3G 4G etc?

'Check Status' does offer me the opportunity to report something to O2,

Alan.

Message 12 of 16

pgn
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

There is an option at the bottom of the "hamburger" screen in O2's "My Network" app to "Sign in" - that is not working for me atm. I am curious to see what lies therein, it has been a while since I had cause to use the "My Network" app.

Good that you found where to report your test results/comment to O2.

When you test, it will always hop to your nearest mast - clearly you can't test your friend's O2 signal from your own house (would be nice, but impractical from O2's perspective, I imagine).

Your phone is a Samsung S10, I think you said - it will be set to 4G.  You can sometimes get better performance in a highly-congested (eg, in a densely-populated area) on your data downloads/browsing by forcing the phone to 3G (in your Phone's SIM settings).  Your issue was high battery drain at your friend's house - which does seem to be related to the poor O2 signal.  All this stuff with the app was just to see how bad, and keep O2 apprised, the signal really is at your friend's house.

Hopefully things are a little less fuzzy now wink

Message 13 of 16

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

You went the extra mile here, Brainiac aka @pgn 😉😆👍.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 14 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I noticed this and mentioned it to the Brainiac via PM @lewys-gp  slight_smile wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 16

pgn
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Message 16 of 16