cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live chat

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had extremely poor help from O2 Live Chat.  Simple enough question about some help over navigating around my O2 webpages post-sign-in.  Back and forward for more than 30 mins and zero constructive help or advice from the individual at the other end.   The comments from the operator at the Live Chat end were poor in any constructive help, poor in grammar and written english and to add to the frustration s/he was liberally pasting stock (Apple-like) phrases to try artificially to promote engagement with me the customer....... I could do w/o these and simply would like basic and effective assistance.

When 30 mins in I asked him/her for the number of a UK-based call centre so I could talk more constructively with someone by phone.  This number was not forthcoming and in a flash I was approached within Live Chat by his / her line manager who for the next 5 minutes was not helpful at all: my impression is that s/he was juggling several different conversations at the same time.   I became quickly frustrated with him / her, took a screen grab of all the conversations and will be following up with Customer Services.

Please O2, allow us to speak with someone here in the UK, who isn't on a commission per no. of customers, and who can maintain at reasonable conversation and discussion with the issue highlighted.  My experience just now may not be typical of many other experiences, but has for the first time seriously made me question my previous loyalty to O2.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your experience IS pretty typical actually and sums it all up accurately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I used live chat yesterday to get proof of purchase and upgrade the girls mobile broadband plans. No complaints.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good experiences with live chat should be normal though....not an exception to the rule. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Had you come here first you would probably have found answers to your query much quicker, and if you do a search on the forum you will see that many of the people who post regularly here do not recommend Live Chat. If you want to speak to someone in customer service, the number is 202 from your mobile, which is free if you're a Pay Monthly customer, or 4445 if you're Pay & Go. I believe that would cost you 25p. If you want to lodge a formal complaint about your recent experience, please take a look at this link:  

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5