Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance Claim... No Acknowledgement

CLB-
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So my iPhone 7 was collected tuesday, for an insurance claim (Cracked Screen) i have heard nothing, not even an email to say they have recieved my phone? Is this normal? TIA

Message 1 of 44
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No, not normal.
Expectation is 24 hours turnaround.
Chase it with CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No, not normal.
Expectation is 24 hours turnaround.
Chase it with CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 44

CLB-
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, Turns out my phone never reached assesment centre and was used Saturday ?? So this is odd... Luckily i got my DPD Receipt. Any idea what happens next? 

Message 3 of 44

Del3971
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m in the same situation collected my S8+ on Tuesday last week I rung them on Friday to see what was going on and they still had not received my phone from DPD.and it had been lost in transit. It’s now Monday and still not heard anything! It’s not been a good service 

Message 4 of 44

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You both need to contact customer services to report the loss/theft of your devices.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 44

CLB-
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i was told to send my DPD receipt to courier.claimsuk@brightstar.com with the claim reference but this can take up to 48hrs to get a response. i have no idea what happens then, no good when your paying £55.00+ for a contract! 

Message 6 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

This doesn't sound good at all. In my experience DPD are one of the best couriers around...(In this area anyway) Persistence in chasing these phones is required....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 44

Del3971
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn’t even get a Dpd receipt 

Message 8 of 44

CLB-
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

im finding them really difficult, i had an email to say courier claims dont deal with customers so after my 8th phone call to O2 they gave me O2@anovouk@brightstar.com but they have a 24 hr delay its all abit of a joke if only i wasnt 5 months in to a 24 month contract i would cancel!!! 

Message 9 of 44

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It seems obvious that it has been stolen.
Get it blocked (you can reactivate it if it turns up later) and report it to the police.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/...

Currently using:
Message 10 of 44