cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete access to bolt ons

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help! My 13 yr old has added lots bolt ons up to £79 on one day! I’ve no idea how she did this. How can I disable bolt ons for her iphone 5 but leave for my iPhone 6?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. I presume both accounts are in your name? You will probably need to contact customer services in the morning and explain the issue to them 202 for contract phones (4445 for payg) Best time to call is between 8-8.30 am in the morning. As this is an account related problem it's best to call rather than use live chat. Best of luck ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. I presume both accounts are in your name? You will probably need to contact customer services in the morning and explain the issue to them 202 for contract phones (4445 for payg) Best time to call is between 8-8.30 am in the morning. As this is an account related problem it's best to call rather than use live chat. Best of luck ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Anonymous...To add, you could try to delete the bolt ons via My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2  in case they are re-occurring but I would still speak to customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 147184 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Change it to a PAYG account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Yeap come accross this often, Best thing to do is remove the my o2app from her phone this is how she is purchasing these boltons as only the account holder can do it over the phone. 

Or reset app password again will be unable to purchase as will have no access to account.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Definitely change the password but if she is not mature enough to manage the account then definitely put her on a payandgo sim.

That would obviously depend on the length of the existing contract but the main thing now is to speak to customer service and get the bolt ons removed. 

Then you need to sit down with your daughter and have a long serious chat...  

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very much appreciated
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great. Thanks. Have reset password
Message 8 of 8