cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey folks,

I've just signed up for a new contract with a monthly charge of £36 a month. The tariff provides me with unlimited minutes, texts and 1GB of data.
Now, my bill summary shows that there are no additional charges except seveal pence for MSS, but for some reason my base bill is shows that I have to pay £54 monthly.

Here is a breakdown of my bill.

My tariffs54.00
My monthly extras

What I've used 
  • Calls
  • Mobile internet browsing and downloads
Discounts

Total before VAT

VAT

Total new charges47.73

If someone had a similar problem and could explain on what's happening, I'd be really grateful. 

Thanks,

kriswiniark

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like it could be a pro rata bill, if you click on the tariff line it will show the dates and should explain the charges more clearly.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Possibly an overlap of your billing months, part of that is a discount, you next one should be normal.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like it could be a pro rata bill, if you click on the tariff line it will show the dates and should explain the charges more clearly.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for such a swift reply!

I forgot to mention, the discount is a 30% friends and family.
I do apologise for that, completely forgot about this.

This is my first bill, do you think that I'd be an extra charge for the days that I haven't had my tariff activated? Or would that be shown on my bill as an extra charge?

EDIT: Thanks guys it was a merged overlaping bill, 2 months in one apparently slight_smile

I've clicked on the tariff and it gave me a breakdown of it, so simple!

Message 4 of 4