cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gloucestershire - MAST FAILURE!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let everyone else know that there is a MAST failure in Gloucestershire (I don't know HOW FAR from me it is!) but it has been down since 9pm last night - and 12 hours later O2 DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG!!! Nor do they know how LONG it will be out of action - "It could be a couple of days"..... NOT FUNNY!!!

Is anyone else having problems? I have a Windows Nokia Lumina, and it won't go to 2G - so I am totally stuffed - and I know that people are trying to contact me and are just going straight to voicemail! Argh!!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still off in Stonehouse Glos and NOT happy at all. OK driving down the M5 to junction 13 and then cuts at the garage at Eastington....Grrrrrrr. Completely dead in Bridgend court. I always thought that there was an overlap between cells so if one went the other took over. Obviously not the case here or we must be so unlucky to be right on the overlap!!
Can anyone advise if this is the case or have any updates.
To cap it all, status checker says all is good and dandy.. It does help that the Sky Talk landline has also died and Nice Mr Sky says 72 hours or so to mend. I must be jinxed. Help!!!
Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145051 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
This website will tell you where all the masts are located so you can check which ones you get service from http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/search
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to know what the problem is! I work for BT and understand that lots of sites are being upgraded to a faster speed as a joint Openreach/phone provider venture. Knowing the complexity of arranging anything with OR, I just hope it's a simple power failure or this could go on a while!!
Message 13 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
 It does help that the Sky Talk landline has also died and Nice Mr Sky says 72 hours or so to mend. I must be jinxed. Help!!!

O2 may not know that there is a problem unless it's reported.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 19

MI5
  • 145051 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Have you reported it to O2 - Just on the off chance that no one else has. They usually show faults on the status page once they know about them ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Speaking to them now. Don't think they were aware either or are not saying so.....mast 36386 on the A419 I suspect. Just up the road.
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hot off the press... Just informed the technical team have gone home! Suggested we ring again in the morning and report it again! Humm. What have we just spent 15 minutes doing I beg to ask........
Anyone want a go?
Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 145051 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Nah, I'll leave it with you, but thanks for the offer wink

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 18 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'll just make a note so that I don't advise anyone to call in a signal problem after 9pm! Astounded

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 19