Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent account setup

JimElston
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My family and I have been customers of O2 for around 15years. My mother had a fraudulent account setup for an iPhone 12. We notified O2 in October and were told the fraud team would be in touch within 5working days.
We never heard from O2.

In November and December we spoke to O2 but kept getting told it’s with the fraud team and they would be in touch - again, we have not heard from O2.

At the start of March I took this on and spoke to Charnelle (a manager) who promised to get a resolution but needed 5working days. Yet again....nothing back from O2.

In the meantime, they have registered two defaults on my mothers credit file and have even blocked her existing phone due to nonpayment.

There seems to be no end in sight with this issue and NO ONE at O2 seems to understand the severity of this and the worry it is causing my mother. All we get is apologies and empty promises.

What can be done? This will be heading towards legal action at this rate!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bcla
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Jarvo . My mum also went in to her local O2 shop and they gave her a number for the fraud team that she was able to get through on. Worth trying that as well as help you get from @O2Lisa. Once she spoke to the fraud team it was sorted out very quickly. 

Message 11 of 11