Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to Text Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

First post on the community.

I have had the email to text service since I had my Samsung M8800 and the service was very handy, however when I got my first proper Smartphone (iPhone4) the service was redundant and to a point a pain in the butt as I got my emails through my iPhone4 and additionally through the email to text service. I put up with it for 2 years as no one in the contact centre could help me, however, I have just started another 2 years contract on the Samsung Note 2 and even though the assistant in-store was told over the phone that the email to text service has been removed by my request at that point, it hasn’t. Sounded very much like an echo from 2 years ago but the advisor in the contact centre openly admitted to the in-store assistance that they didn’t know what the email to text service was. How did she manage to remove the service then? 

Can anyone shed some light on this? I get my email's through apps so the email to text service is no longer required nor wanted. I refuse to put up with it again for another 2 years, it’s annoying and battery draining to get the same thing twice.

o2 staff haven’t been able to help me, can the o2 community help?

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the suggestions. I wouldn't have got there without you. 

Here is the process (website needs updating):

You can turn O2 Email to Mobile on and off whenever you like, straight from your handset. You can stop messages coming through to avoid interruptions - it's a bit like putting your phone onto silent mode. 

To temporarily pause the service, just text the word 'pause' to 30102. We won't charge you for any message sent to 30102. Or click the 'pause' button on your O2 Email to Mobile page of the O2 Broadband website. 

To restart the service, text the word 'start' to 30102. Or click start on your O2 Email to Mobile page.

Please note you will have to attach a blank picture so the message sends as a MMS as a sms replies with the following "All messages to short code 30102 for O2 Email to Mobile must be sent via MMS / picture messages. Messages to short code 30102 are free."

I hope this helps other people with the same complaint.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Try this and choose to deactivate the service... http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/email-by-sms/td-p/221517
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have you looked in MyO2> Webmail?

The settings for email to mobile are in there at the top of the page.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the suggestions. I wouldn't have got there without you. 

Here is the process (website needs updating):

You can turn O2 Email to Mobile on and off whenever you like, straight from your handset. You can stop messages coming through to avoid interruptions - it's a bit like putting your phone onto silent mode. 

To temporarily pause the service, just text the word 'pause' to 30102. We won't charge you for any message sent to 30102. Or click the 'pause' button on your O2 Email to Mobile page of the O2 Broadband website. 

To restart the service, text the word 'start' to 30102. Or click start on your O2 Email to Mobile page.

Please note you will have to attach a blank picture so the message sends as a MMS as a sms replies with the following "All messages to short code 30102 for O2 Email to Mobile must be sent via MMS / picture messages. Messages to short code 30102 are free."

I hope this helps other people with the same complaint.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Side note - During a Live Chat with Sabyah she requested that I practically train them up on Email to Text service. 

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Good find.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Where did you find the short codes?

The only help I could find was this:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Bro...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 7 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

the shortcode can be found once logged in to my-o2 and webmail and select o2email to mobile top right and in the faq

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 9

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Thanks Adam.

Message 9 of 9