Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming

cheryl8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am abroad and keep getting messages to say that i have used data roaming buy I brought a bolt on for zone 2, please can you let me know what is going on please

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38267 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

The messages may be from your phone itself, based on how much data you have and how much the phone believes you should have - you can adjust this in your phone data settings.

Or your phone could be set to automatically find a network, and is switching between 2 or more network carriers automatically. Again, in your network settings, set the phone to manual and search for and select the best network signal. You may need to do this again if you travel to a different part of the country. Guide: Roaming MegaGuide may help you understand what is happening, @cheryl8 - enjoy your stay abroad!

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149032 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions

@cheryl8 

Which bolt on did you buy for zone 2?

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/data-abroad

The max you can buy is 1gb for £45 which in all honestry, will not last long at all. The cheaper options, even less.

Zone 100MB 500MB 1GB

Zone 1£9£18£26
Zone 2£18£26£45
Zone 3£26£45£65
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3