Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditfile URGENT

Danielle6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Martin-O2I really hope you can help. I have emailed creditfile, several times to receive no response.
It is showing on my credit report that I owe 02 £730 for a device plan but I have paid this off in full since then 02 have sent a report stated I still owed this. Can a new report be sent to my creditfile to show this? I am trying to get a mortgage and this is causing me issues even though it is paid off in full
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Danielle6 Make sure you're sending your email to the correct address, which is below. You can also send an ordinary letter or Fax. These are the only methods we know of to contact the Credit Team.

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions
@Danielle6

How long ago did you pay off the Device Plan, as it can take a while for it to be removed from your credit report...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Danielle6 

If you do find an error in your credit report, it's important to dispute credit report discrepancies quickly:

• Your first port of call should be the provider or creditor the error was associated with. So if your credit card company recorded that you missed a payment and you want to dispute that, call up the credit card company.

• You should obviously have some evidence of the error being in fact an error, so any receipts or statements will be useful.

• If the credit card company agrees that it was an error, they have to update their records within a one-month period, and this update goes out to the credit reference agency.

• However, if the credit card company says that they have no record of the error and everything is correct on their side, then speak to the credit reference agency.

• They will review the error and make the relevant changes after an investigation into the dispute.

• You should then also check your credit report with the other credit reference agencies to ensure that they too do not have the same error.

Unfortunately, as the process above suggests, most of the leg work falls onto the consumer. It can seem unfair if an error that's not your fault is recorded, especially if you then you have to chase up the issue. But, if you notice a mistake, dispute it so it can be corrected if possible.

Unfortunately, the pressure to fix credit report errors falls on the consumer, not the agency or creditor

The same applies not just to a credit card company, but if the incorrect information on your credit report is from a gas and electricity provider, mobile phone network, bank or mortgage lender and more. Nonetheless, the process should be the same.

If your dispute goes unresolved after the investigation, then you're allowed to write a 200-word statement explaining your side of the story, which will then be saved alongside the disputed information.

This will not improve your credit score, but it will allow future creditors to consider this statement before judging your application.

https://www.uswitch.com/credit-reports/dispute-your-credit-report/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4