Did you mean: 

Credit File Referrals

JadieRoper
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI. I

Background info.... I have a tablet with o2 that had 3 payments go missing. A payment trace was done and the payments were found. However o2 did not record this and the device was disconnected and a mark made on my credit file. I have since had the tablet reconnected with apologies which I accepted. However the mark is still on my file and I am attempting to to remortage which has been denied due to this mark. They have said they will continue with the application if the mark can be removed. I have contacted the credit file referral via email to ask them to remove a mark know my credit file but have had no response that stated a outcome would be told to me usually within 3 days. It has now been 2 weeks. Can anybody help me please?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Only the Referral team can get this removed for you and you may need to email them again

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Only the Referral team can get this removed for you and you may need to email them again

Message 2 of 4

bxrobinson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning. I too have experienced this credit check issue since early May 2022, but to compound problems I have one of three mobile phones I manage out of contract, and cannot even take out a new contract to transfer the out of contract phone onto, so am locked into paying a higher tariff!! I am currently engaging OFCOM as I believe that this is a contravention of the consumer practices demanded by OFCOM.

Am I alone with this issue, or are there any simple solutions??

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@bxrobinson 

Unfortunately, there appears to be no easy, rapid solution when dealing with the credit referral team. Having said that, we only hear about the complaints on the forum.

You can always put a notice of correction on your file.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4