Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation of phone conversation with customer services

barry1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just had several conversations with chat assistance, in store and telephone customer services. During these I recieved conflicting information about use of my phone in Thailand and costs associated with it. The final conversation was with a customer services member on the phone at 1340hrs on 4th Feb. 

She has confirmed that I will not be charged - I am happy with her answer but concerned that when my next bill comes through I will have been charged and will have to go all around the houses again to try and get charges off my bill.  I have been told that she has put a note on my account confirming that I will not be charged - how do I confirm that this note is actually in place???

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144327 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@barry1 Thailand is not included in the Travel Inclusive Zone so at best, you will be charged £4.99 per day for standard O2 travel. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

MI5
  • 144327 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@barry1 Thailand is not included in the Travel Inclusive Zone so at best, you will be charged £4.99 per day for standard O2 travel. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

A local sim card is definitely the best and recommended option. Make sure your phone is unlocked by following the link in My O2.

Message 4 of 4