cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click here to find out why I've left O2 after 8 years

Anonymous
Not applicable

After 8 years of giving them custom I will be leaaving. Why? Because:

- After 8 years they did not even match a deal of a competitor. They did however try to sneak in a deal for the smaller version of the phone I requested, with less data and still more expensive. 

- After 8 years their customer service has gotten unbearably worse. As I have mentioned in previous threads, I waited 15 mins on hold twice, then gave up, thinking this is an anomaly.
- I tried again the next day, but first on chat so I did not have to wait. I spent 2 hours being sent through 6 different people.
- I finally was persuaded to try again by another user, as well as being advised by an O2 rep in this community to call.
- I spent 58 mins and 20 secs on hold. Someone picked up, then the line went dead.
-After 8 years, this is the service and treatment that customers now receive? People took what O2 meant litterily then, bemoredog.

This community has been helpful in the sense that they have listened and emphathised with my comments and experiences. However what the community does not provide is any form of real assistance in solving an issue.
This community then acts just as a platform for individuals to vent, be empathised upon and feel as if action is being taken.

I've messaged a community managed explaining my situation, and they have no messaged back in 2 days...

Leave O2. Don't bemoredog and get treated like crap.

I've moved to Vodafone and have been able to save over £200 on an Iphone 6+ over 2 years, as well being given a discount as they rep felt sorry for me.

What I can say is this, that I will do my utmost best to make sure people I know do not go to O2. Even if the deal is marginly better to begin with, I will emphasize my treatment (or lack there off) and inability of action to be taken anywhere.

Their only solution was to call...

Taken to twitter I found out that I would not be reimbused the 90 minutes on hold to the 0800 number. I could not call because I had no signal from my phone...

Lastly thank you to the individuals who did listen and empathize with me. 

@Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @Cleoriff @MI5 @jonsie 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course it is just a phone @Anonymous slight_smile

However when dealing with services, products or any ancillary items and forms of support that are directly involved with the company, they all become representative of the company's image.

It may just be a phone, but the services, such as reception, apps, communities, deals and customer service are the 99% behind the 1% the phone constitutes.

But of course, theres no reason for me to fruther push my agenda of leaving as I have left and just need to wait 1 more day till my contract runs out to get my PAC code.

@Toby is t hen still able to refer me to another colleague so I may be able to seek reimbursement for a ridiculous amount of time on hold incurring further uncessary charges.

Might I add that the cost is not my key concern, but over 75 mins of my life (no matter how dramatic that sounds) were lost. There is so much that can be achieved in 75 mins rather than waiting, and not even getting the problem solved.

On another note, have a wonderful New Years!

Message 21 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can request your PAC code during the last 30 days of your existing contract so if it ends tomorrow @Anonymous then I would ask for it today as tomorrow is likely to be skeleton staff due to the bank holiday.

Sadly I can't see o2 giving you anything for your lost time. It isn't as though they could offer you a tariff credit (as a goodwill gesture) as you are no longer their customer! But as always if you don't ask. ...

I wish you well with Vodafone. Their network is improving but not sure about their Customer Service if their history and forum are anything to go by.
Message 22 of 22