cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get access to my old o2.co.uk email account?

Skyrim
Level 1: Joiner
  • 43 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used to have home broadband with o2 and used their email address as my primary email for years. I've since lost access to it, but it turns out I still have accounts with other companies that I registered with using my o2 email, and I can't access those accounts without access to my o2 email. Is it possible I can have access to my o2 email restored? Obviously I can provide any security info they might need.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a general comment about e-mail from my own experience if I may.

Back in the not too distant past I went through a stage of switching ISPs to find the cheapest deal and of course e-mail addresses would come with it.

To reduce the hassle for important sites and those that mattered I ended up registering my own surname as a domain name, with most registrars you can either set up forwarding or e-mail hosting can be picked up quite cheaply so that's what I did.

It also looks better on things such as CVs I think.

Prices vary by registrar but you can pick up a .co.uk or .uk domain for around £6.99 a year or even free with some packages, there's also .scot and .wales too if you prefer.

Message 11 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a general comment about e-mail from my own experience if I may.

Back in the not too distant past I went through a stage of switching ISPs to find the cheapest deal and of course e-mail addresses would come with it.

To reduce the hassle for important sites and those that mattered I ended up registering my own surname as a domain name, with most registrars you can either set up forwarding or e-mail hosting can be picked up quite cheaply so that's what I did.

It also looks better on things such as CVs I think.

Prices vary by registrar but you can pick up a .co.uk or .uk domain for around £6.99 a year or even free with some packages, there's also .scot and .wales too if you prefer.

Yes I agree and the .o2 reply address looked quite very unprofessional in my opinion which is why iI always used my outlook address. Looking back, I wish i had purchased my own domain though it would be pointless for me now.

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d never use my name in my email address.. gives miscreants a head start when trying to hack your stuff!

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I’d never use my name in my email address.. gives miscreants a head start when trying to hack your stuff!

I too @Anonymous ... for those exact same reasons 

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I too @Anonymous ... for those exact same reasons 

I have multiple address.. 1 for accounts, another for signing up to offers, another for console accounts, EA account, FFXI, FFXIV etc.

So if they do get hold of my details.. they don’t get everything.

Message 15 of 15