cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE. O2 unable to deliver goods that they have taken payment for or refund.

TheDeceivedOne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I placed an order online (through www.o2.co.uk/shop) for a fitness tracker with a fixed click and collect date. The next day I received an email stating that it was out of stock. Now, after 11 days of waiting, I have still received no update.

The order does not show in My O2. I do still have the confirmation emails showing the click and collect date and the order number.

I have tried live chat, who want details of my mobile account which is not with O2 (I did explain this). They did send me a code by email (although the content of the email is sparse and suspicious). The whole live chat experience was very suspicious, wanting lots of personal data, before even asking what the problem is so I was reluctant to continue with it.

The 03448 090 202 offers similar functionality to the Live Chat, i.e. useless unless you have an O2 mobile. 2 calls to this line have proven fruitless.

There is no email address. Searching the web brings results from this forum explaining that O2 do not deal with customers by email. A company wishing to avoid written records with customers is extremely dodgy.

I do not have an O2 phone, so do not have an account. I am very glad of this. Given the lack of customer service received, unless things change drastically, I now know not to pay O2 any of my hard earned money.

Can anyone provide me with details of how to receive Customer Service from O2? At the moment I feel like a victim of a "Taking money by deception" scam. Many thanks if you can.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@TheDeceivedOne 

Standard for O2.

No live stock system so many items out of stock but not shown as so on website.

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)
Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

TheDeceivedOne
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've raised a case with resolver as, given the experience so far, I want written communication with O2. However, should that too be fruitless, the phone number you have given may prove useful. Thank you for that.

It's pretty shocking how difficult it is to communicate with O2, given how quickly they took money for something they couldn't supply.

Message 3 of 7

TheDeceivedOne
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And while I'm moaning about O2, why ask for a survey every time I visit this forum when you already know I've filled  it in and therefore you'll discard my response?

Message 4 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10634 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@TheDeceivedOne 

Email is not secure for communication about account related issues, as its not a guarantee method of communication, hence a lot of companies don't offer support via email.. 

Live Chat is also morphing a response led service across lots of organisations.. 

Just so you know, as you havent followed the complaints process resolver may be fruitless, as o2 will tell you to go down that route first if at all..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@TheDeceivedOne 

Resolver is part of the formal complaints process and is known for getting the best results.

Good luck.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 7

TheDeceivedOne
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh The problem for me is that O2 have no process for customers for dealing with problems of this type. Every means of contacts results in being told they cannot deal with your enquiry.

Step one.

"New customers – device orders

If you've ordered a device from us, it'll be delivered by courier. Once you've received an email telling you your device has been despatched, you’ll be able to track the delivery online on the ‘My orders’ page of My O2."

My order never reached the point of receiving an email telling me it has been despatched as O2 does not have the item it took payment for. So the purchase doesn't appear in my orders.

Step 2 Live chat summary:

O2 asked for details of my account and for the answer to a security question that I'm sure I never set up. They could not tell me what the security question was. They then asked me to tell them a security code that they would send me.

As my parents were recently scammed after a similar chat I was reluctant to give them this security code and instead asked for an email address to write to. They refused and gave me the 03448 090 202 phone number.

Step 3

Called this number twice. No options regarding purchases made on the web store. Tried two different options only to be told they couldn't deal with problem.

Step 4 (and by now extremely frustrated).

Searched web and found this page. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/td-p/1201413
As I felt truly stuck, and nobody I'd contacted was willing to deal with my enquiry, Resolver seemed the way to go.

Message 7 of 7