cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have made a claim for my phone and its not in stock i was offered a different phone but of less value ie i have a note 3 but offered a galaxy s4 it should be my choice if a phone is not availible?. there is no answer to when the phone will be back in stock. i was sold the policy on next day replacement in the event of a claim. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Well at least for now you have a phone to keep on using your services.

Just hold out for the hardware to come into stock.

They won't give you cash to buy a phone as per the write up on O2 insurance ,but supply the handset.

"80% of successful loss claims are fulfilled the next day. And unlike some other policies we send you a replacement phone, not a cheque, so you can be back on track quickly."
Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
The hardware is in stock
Message 12 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not according to the op's first post.

"i have made a claim for my phone and its not in stock "

Perhaps stocking levels are different for insurance claims to buying ?
Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe but that would be my argument I wouldn't just wait if the phone is in stock anywhere within O2 it should be provided I would go to town on them personally
Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps the position could be that buying the phone / upgrading the phone is new.

Insurance claims the phone is refurbished perhaps.

Def a question for O2 Cs or perhaps @Anonymous
Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree they they do that but as the op has waited and O2 say they don't have stock I would feel entitled to a new one if that is the only way and O2 should provide it it's their problem it's not in stock not the op
Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed Damien. wink

It's now IMO up to the OP to again talk to O2 insurance and come to a reasonable outcome.

I'm looking forward to hopefully an update stating why they are saying it's out of stock for an insurance claim.
Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm hoping the op gets the phone as they deserve
Message 18 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Although sold by O2 it's not O2 who Insure.
The insurance company carriies it's own stock of replacement refurbished handsets which are completely independent of any stock that O2 hold, therefore, they will not be able to supply one from O2 directly.
Another reason why I never waste money on insurance for phones....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the clarification MI5.

Message 20 of 24