cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incredibly bad service!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have been with o2 for 4 years now and never had a problem until about 8 weeks ago...it all started when i wanted to upgrade my contract for the same money but receive a bigger allowance, as in july of this yr all my friends who were with other mobile providers were receiving double sometimes treble what i was for the same money...i first of all rang in to cancel my contract as i wasnt aware that your allowance could be upped....after being on hold for approx 45mins i was told that instead of cancelling my contract i could ring back in approx 1 month and get the allowance i wanted as well as the new upgrade....funny thing, i rang back 1 month later wen my contract was up for renewal and was told that all i could have on a 12 month contract was 200 mins and 400 texts per month for £30 a month....that was currently less than i was previously getting!!!! i decided that i would cancel my contract but rather than just allowing me to do so the advisor kept adding that he was following the correct procedures and he wanted to clarify this for the phone conversation recording...this of which was not neccessary and was causing a calm customer to become irate as all i wanted was to end my contract with o2...instead i asked for the complaints dept email address so i could terminate the contract this way...of which i got and did....2 weeks later o2 phoned me sincerely apologising for the advisors behaviour towards myself and that they could offer me a much better 12 month contract that he had offered me previously...they offered me the phone of my choice 400mins and 1000texts of which i was pleased with all for £20 a month, i was also assured that the advisor would get a customer complaint form sent direct to his manager..as a paying customer i was satisfied and decided to stay with o2.....

4 weeks went by and i started experiencing problems with my new handset...every time i picked it up it froze on me, i would have phone conversations with people some of which were very important and my phone would turn itself off...again i had to phone o2 with a problem! of which to this day has still not been resolved!!

on 13th august i spoke to a gentleman who was polite and sent my problem to the returns team and said i would receive an email within 24 hours to give me instructions of how to send my faulty handset back to them, i received my email only to tell me that i was not eligible to send my phone back in as it was out of warranty!

i phoned back puzzled and spoke to a girl....again polite who apologised on behalf of her collegue..he had made a mistake and ordered the repair to my old handset....a forgiveable mistake. she reassured me that within 24 hours i would have another email from the returns team with a new code on to put with my phone and send thru the post...24/48/72hours.....2 bloody weeks past and still had no email...so i phoned again........

spoke to another female who again apologised and put me on hold!!! waited...waited...and waited a bit longer. the advisor came back and said she had been talking with the returns team and my phone was out of stock...the phone i require is the sony ericcson c902...at this point i was starting to become agitated with o2's service again...i was beginning to feel let down. i felt that i could have at least been sent an email to say my phone was out of stock and as soon as it became available i would be informed...obviously not an ideal answer or the answer a customer wants to hear but service yes!! neither were given

the advisor assured me the request was pending and wen the phone came in stock i would be contacted and if no contact made with 1 week to ring the LBM team who deal direct with returns...

this i accepted and would have been happy to follow however as i was walking out of work on friday i started to get a BURNING in my hand....yes thats right my phone had started to overheat and started to burn my hand, my phone then burnt out and went dead!!!!! i automatically took out the battery and sim of which smelt of terrible plastic burning...and rang o2 off my partners phone to again complain!!!

i spoke to a gentleman who put me on hold and said he was speaking with his manager about this problem..the phone went dead...i rang back and was told the strict procedure had to be followed as per the manager and i basically could do nothing but wait for this invisible email that is supposed to arrive within 24 hours yet has not since the 20th august...!!!! very long 24 hours dont you think????? so unhappy i left but was assured that if not heard anything by 16.32 by sat to ring back...

i thought i would be generous and give them 26 hours.....still no email!!!! hello can anyone time keep?????!!!!!

i rang back and was then told that the email can take upto 48 hours??? seems to me that o2 are perhaps fobbing me off....this is now 5/6 phone calls to o2 and still nothing being done...

i was put onto a manager who then told me they cannot contact the returns team but i can be given and 0844 number that is chargeable to either a mobile or a landline....why should i pay to speak with people and be put on hold and the phone call take upto an hour most times for a service that o2 in effect should be providing...???? i was offered £20 back pay for the trouble and the use of no phone...i dont want £20 for my trouble. i want out of a crap contract deal because the service provided is absolutely disgusting...i havent even been offered loan phone......i was told they do not give these out..so great im stuck without phone contact!!!

as a whole the people that work for o2 are polite yes...often like to put customers on hold for periods of 20/30 sometimes 40mins at a time ( i used to work in a very busy call centre and if i had left my customer standing on hold for more than 2 mins without returning back to them i would have had my arse kicked and on 3 warnings would have been out) they also like to fob you off and tell different stories...all that if the truth was told from the start these little problems would not have needed to escalate...i am human and i do understand that problems can occur that cannot always be helped!!! but this could and should have been prevented...

if i have to go to the head of o2 i will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will be leaving this contract with no detriment to myself!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
that is awful! you would think o2 would want to keep there customers not do everything to get rid of them. i would suggest you keep pestering them as there is only so many times they can keep telling you the same story. if they value your custom they will do something about it wont they? if not i would do what you are suggesting and write to the top as perhaps doing this would make them realise the service they are giving is not to a satisfactory standard, and by the looks of this forum they are often offering a rubbish service!

good luck grin
Message 2 of 10

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Sorry that you have had bad service.

Have you spoke to the complaints department on 202, opt 4 and then opt 2.

They generaly will resolve your problem.

I do hope hat you get it sorted soon
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
in my oppinion vodaphone are the best mobile service provider.
In our family we use o2 and vodaphone.
o2 seem to push you away with their bad customer support. Where as we cancelled a vodaphone contract and they phoned us straight after we emailed them and offered us 2 contracts with unlimited texts and 800mins for 18months for £30 all together because weve been loyal customers for 2 years grin
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You can't be loyal on a network after just 2years! Most contracts are 18months...
Message 5 of 10

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
My friend way loyal with his previous network for 5 years and when he came for a upgrade the network told him that as he only pays £25 per month he is classed as a burden to the network and would rather he leave. So he did.

Not bad a 5 year loyalty. The best of it all, the phone he wanted was only £99 on PAYG and for his £25 he used to only get 100 mins and 500 sms.

Hes now with o2 and has been treated so much better. Infact when he was due to upgrade he thought he would be told the same thing as his previous network. To his suprise He just said he would like a new phone, the agent said yes no problems and that was it. Shocked he was.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
this may be all good and new...and i understand that o2 have been and can be a good network provider however i feel that on two occasions in very recent months the company have really let me down! i have checked my emails again this morning and surprise surprise NONE from o2! it just goes to show that they arent so bothered about good service and keeping their customers happy....i was even refused my pac code as wen i wanted to leave o2 i wanted to take my number.....i was refused this..and it was only wen i got a phone call back that the operator aoplogised as this is my right to take with me!!

the problem is still not resolved....i still have no phone and why should it be my responsibility to get one in the meantime...?????

my next step is to write a high level complaint to the head of o2....the manager of bury call centre has given me the address and her name (she herself was very polite and helpful) its not the people i have the issue with, its the company!!! and if again nothing is done i will cancel my direct debit...and i will make sure that this does not affect my credit rating...i am even willing to pay SOME and i state SOME of the fee's incurred to cancel my contract just so that i never have to deal with o2 again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
What I'd like to know is how i get a response from O2. I can't get through on my mobile because I've got little or no signal - part of the problem - if I try on the landline I get left on hold which I don't have time for and if I e-mail them I get a standard and very unhelpful response. I faxed the complaints department and still have no response ... I despair of this company. :robotmad:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What I'd like to know is how i get a response from O2. I can't get through on my mobile because I've got little or no signal - part of the problem - if I try on the landline I get left on hold which I don't have time for and if I e-mail them I get a standard and very unhelpful response. I faxed the complaints department and still have no response ... I despair of this company. :robotmad:

Why don't you call through to customer services from your landline, call in the mornings if possible as it's usually quieter. Once you speak to an advisor ask them if they can call you back. Just explain you are worried about the charges they generally are quite happy to call you back on your landline. Then the advisor can take further information, contact the network team and request an engineer is sent out to research improving the coverage in your area. You will be assigned your own ref number and the network team call you back once all information is fed back from the engineers slight_smile
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a relief but also very disturbing to find someone who is having the exact some problem as me.

My phone broke on 10th October, So i called o2 over the weekend to get it sorted, Lady was polite and very helpful, she ran through some tests to check my phone was at fault, It was decided that the phone was at fault and was still under warranty so all i had to do was return my phone and it would be replaced and there was some in stock.....

The following day i received the email but it now said on the email that my phone was not in stock and that my phone would have to be repaired and sent back which could take 5+ days. i wasn't happy with this so i sent them an email explaining that i travel alot with work and cannot be without a phone for that length of time, i also have a family at home so need to be contactable.

I got a rude email back just dictating the terms of conditions of repairs.

So i phoned the customer service department, spoke to a nice guy who seemed he really wanted to help, he understood my situation and my urgency for a phone, as the other phone was out of stock he said the quickest root would be them to offer me an alternative phone, which we settled on and he said i would have to send my phone off and they would send my replacement within 48 hours.

I sent my phone to them on the 27th October, Which they recieved and was signed for on the 28th October, Having not heard anything by the thursday i called 02 to which i was told that they had not received my phone and to call back at the weekend, well i called back the friday and was put through to the returns department, and a very quick phone call he checked the tracking number i gave him, he said that this was fine and that he would get my order pushed through and i should receive it tuesday/wednesday next week....Finally you think!

But no, Monday was nearly over with so i thought i would ring o2 to find out what happens when my phone is sent (do i recieve an email etc). so i spoke to a woman who after 10mins on hold said that they had recieved my phone and it was at fault but my replacement phone was out of stock. What The ####! so now they've had my phone for a week they've got no replacement to send me and i was told that i nned to ring wednesday to see if they get any in stock.

I am very annoyed with O2 and although the people are very polite and helpful something seems to be very wrong with there returns procedure.

I am going to do a complaint email, can you let me know the email address you sent your complaint too??

I just can't see this getting sorted anytime soon, and my fear of sending them my phone came true - Shame on you O2

Thanks
Alan
Message 10 of 10