cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken blackberry bold 9900

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i hav only had my new blackberry 9900 for 8 weeks i went shopping yesturday and pt it in my handbag with a bumper cover on and i took it out to use it and the screen is cracked it still works but it is brand new and i dont think this should of happens within 8 weeks of having it. I also dont think its unreasonable to pt a phone in a handbag. What are my options, i dont have mobile insurance as i hadnt got round do regestering it with the one i get with my bank account with it bein new. Will it still be under warrenty???

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149440 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Its difficult to tell what happened to it. It is possible something else in your bag knocked it. Either way it will be seen as your fault unfortunately. It may be cheaper for you to get quotes from local repair shops rather than paying that excess. I can understand your annoyance but can't think of any thing else to suggest......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 149440 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Sadly warranty does not cover accidental damage. Can you not register it now and claim later (that's not dishonest is it, if you were going to register it anyway?)
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for responce, i will be definately regestering it after this but looking at the policy the excess for blackberry and iphone is £100 and i dont know if it would be cheaper just to get a new screen????? I also dont know what that involves if i would hav to get the phone sent off to blackberry and dont really want to hav no phone over xmas. In my opinion it shouldnt ov happend after 8 weeks its not like i dropped it or was reckless with it it was in my bag and it had a bumper cover on it. 😞 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 149440 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Its difficult to tell what happened to it. It is possible something else in your bag knocked it. Either way it will be seen as your fault unfortunately. It may be cheaper for you to get quotes from local repair shops rather than paying that excess. I can understand your annoyance but can't think of any thing else to suggest......
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks you have been most helpful

Message 5 of 5