cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would an 02 contact, work with the oneplus 7 phone?

TheDuckPone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I currently have a oneplus 6 with an 02 contract. But 02 aren't selling the oneplus 7. If I buy the oneplus 7 from another seller, can I bring the contract from my last phone to the new one?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@TheDuckPone  The short answer is yes. All you have to do is put the O2 sim into the new phone. You'd still have to pay for the Oneplus 6 though. You could sell it to CEX or privately, and pay off the remainder of what you owe on the device.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@TheDuckPone  The short answer is yes. All you have to do is put the O2 sim into the new phone. You'd still have to pay for the Oneplus 6 though. You could sell it to CEX or privately, and pay off the remainder of what you owe on the device.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

TheDuckPone
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don't mind paying for the rest of the oneplus 6. But is it 100% possible to carry over the data monthly plan contract to the new phone (oneplus 7)? I've tried looking it up but couldn't find any answers. So all I have todo is (if I get the oneplus 7) just switch the sim cards and I should have my current contract on the new phone? Thank you so much for your help!
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

100% yes just as described by @Bambino simply put the sim in the new phone. Make sure you only pay off the device and carry on with the airtime. Then your contract rolls on month by month until you end the airtime by giving notice. It's important that you pay off only the device otherwise you will need to take out a new sim only contract.

Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@TheDuckPone wrote:
I don't mind paying for the rest of the oneplus 6. But is it 100% possible to carry over the data monthly plan contract to the new phone (oneplus 7)? I've tried looking it up but couldn't find any answers. So all I have todo is (if I get the oneplus 7) just switch the sim cards and I should have my current contract on the new phone? Thank you so much for your help!

When you say switch the sim cards @TheDuckPone, are you getting the OP7 on a new contract?

Or are you buying it as a phone only?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

TheDuckPone
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Phone only. Probably should of said switch aims. I mean put my current sim into the new phone.
Message 6 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
In that case, yes it will be fine.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 7