cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone to computer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again

I have Windows 8.1 on my computer (8.0 on my Nokia 625).

I am told by my computer that if I just plug my phone in, then all pics, info, videos will be shown and automaticaly copied/transferred to my computer ('See what's on your phone', it says...).

But there are some short videos included in emails sent to me that have not downloaded.

What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thanks, but it still ain't working..

I can't see how to separate the video from the email.

What I do is download, then press 'move' which gives me the folder options. I pick 'save' which moves them (email with video) into the 'saved' folder.

I can at least now view without having to download again, for which I thank you. But they are still not picking up on my computer.

Be gentle...

Message 11 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

What happens when you play the video and press the menu? Do you get options to save the video alone?

In your normal email client, there should be an option there too to save attachments whether they are documents, photos or videos.

Message 12 of 22

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
On my AtivS I open the email then click on menu at the bottom of the screen. One of the options presented is "save attachments".
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again

Thanks for your responses.

When an email flies in with a video attachment, I only get one choice (well two, but one of them doesn't matter here...):  'Mark as unread' (that one..) or 'move.'  I can't detach the attachment. Smiley Mad

'Move' gives me 'folders' or sometimes 'Sky Drive', whatever that is.

I've got something else called 'Cloud' on my computer...

That's where my head is at the moment.

Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
OK, so go for "move" and choose a local folder on your phone, "camera roll" for example.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only 'move' to:

inbox/drafts/outbox/sent items/deleted items/Junk/Saved/SavedIMs/Saved/SavedIMs/Sent/Spam/Trash

Sorry, but those are my choices...

At the moment my email videos are in my 'saved' folder.

But they ain't on my computer..

Message 16 of 22

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Which email client are you using on your computer? What options do you get if you right-click on the attachment?

Message 17 of 22

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Sorry, maybe I didn't explain properly.
Say you have an email with a picture in it.
Click on download image, then click the same link again to open it. From the open image press the 2 dots to pull up the menu and you should see an option to "save as".
Click on save as and you will then get an option to save to "sky drive" or "phone".

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again

To summarise:

I have pictures/videos all over the place and don't understand how they get/got there.

When I plug my phone into the computer on Windows Phone app, it is supposed to indicate what is on my phone, but it is very subjective, hence the reason for the start of this thread: there are short videos which it has not uploaded, which my computer does not pickup.   

My phone, a Nokia 625 has 'SkyDrive',( which my computer tells me is now renamed 'OneDrive...' Smiley Frustrated)

My computer, running on Windows 8.1 has something called 'Cloud.' Is this just a generic storage term or is it yet another storage facility?

I have ticked boxes on my Nokia to automatically upload all pictures/videos to 'SkyDrive' (now OneDrive Smiley Frustrated). But, as I say, it doesn't. 

Very many thanks for all your input, but I seem to be going round in circles here, so unless someone can pinpopint exactly what I am doing wrong I think it best to move on.

Message 19 of 22

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
There are times when it is much easier for someone to show you rather than try and describe it in words....
Can you get into an O2 store or Carphonewarehouse where one of the staff could show you on your phone ?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 20 of 22