Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WP 8.1 on lumia 925 and 625 broke bluetooth

Mouse33
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I updated 925 in August official from o2. Played with new settings and switched bluetooth on . BT Speaker connected. Music app wouldn't open. I tried audable same. I then tried phoning someone and instead of it saying connected to bluetooth it said connected to speaker phone. Except it wasn't. No one could hear me.
Bluetooth wouldn't switch off. All apps using audio would not open.
Did a reset. Phone calls and audio working again. Switched Bluetooth back on and I am back to the same.
So i contact Microsoft live chat. I'm talked through solutions not fixed. I'm then given link for nokia recovery tool and I downgrade to wp 8 . I did a clean install of 8.1 same issue as before.
Contact o2 told to send for repair. Why? Phones not broken
Phone o2 and I am told pointless as it must be software not hardware as phone works as it should back on 8.

Unfortunately I dropped the phone in October and cracked the screen so it won't be getting sent to nokia.
I have now " upgraded husbands lumia 625 and low and behold it is exactly the same. He has a phone with8.1 and no Bluetooth.
I live chat to Microsoft online tonight and as I am slow at typing, it must come across as me being some thick imbecile who has no idea what's she's doing. He told me that both phones need to go nokia and its a download error somewhere.
Any one else had this issue ? If so how did you fix it?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mouse33 wrote:
Can I thank you all for helping . I don't mean to be abrupt but my crappy typing comes across as that. I really do appreciate any help.
I can't do anything about 925 i have another 8 months with it and I am going to change operating systems. I need the apps I use to work and they're not getting updated .

It's not a problem.... we are all here to help slight_smile

So are we dealing with multiple problems on the 925 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

Mouse33
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
From the menu but I will try with the 625 tomorrow, the 3 buttons way tomorrow. I so hope that works.
Thankyou
Message 12 of 18

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mouse33 wrote:
From the menu but I will try with the 625 tomorrow, the 3 buttons way tomorrow. I so hope that works.
Thankyou

Let us know and if not we'll try and figure something else out......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies in advance but here comes a huge post, fingers cross it works! Nicked from Nokia support.:smileywink:

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

First step

Here are some easy fixes and tips that you can try:

1. Reboot the phone. Press and hold the volume down and power keys until your Lumia 925 vibrates and restarts.

2. Try to check if the phone is running the latest software by going to Settings > Phone update.

3. If the phone's software is updated, check if the system apps are also up-to-date. Try scanning the QR codes shown below

There have been a number of threads reporting that users have been unable to see Nokia application updates, hours or even days later. Unfortunately, there is no way to force the Windows Phone Store to force to check for updates manually. This has presented a problem for the Nokia app updates, as they are Nokia-exclusive and cannot be searched for in the Store.

However, there is a solution with QR codes, and the steps to update Nokia apps for Windows Phone 8 are provided below. The QR codes are provided in the links below as Attachments that you can click on quite simply:

1. Press the Search hardware button on your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 Device and tap on Vision.

2. Hold the camera viewfinder up to the screen to focus on the QR codes provided below.

3. If successful, a small thumbnail of the QR code along with a description of a web link will appear on screen.

4. Tap the web link and it will take you to the Store to update the Nokia app.

The QR codes are for the following applications that have been provided in the Store by Nokia:

Motion Data:

Call+SMS Filter:

Glance:

Storage Check:

Nokia Account:

Audio:

Device Hub (previously Accessories):

Rate Us (previously Feedback To Nokia):

Access Point:

Network+ (previously Calls + SMS):

Extras + Info:

Display:

Touch:

Message 15 of 18

Mouse33
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Well thanks everyone. I have done the three button reset. I watched the gears , I waited until all the settings apps updated and tried bluetooth . Phone stops working when bluetooth switched on.
( I did a clean reset ie. Not from backup started afresh.)
OH is not happy about sending it in for repair, he needs the phone for work.
He says he will not put bluetooth on, he doesn't need it.

My 925 shall stay running wp8. I can't afford to get it sorted.
Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Most strange but it does seem that 8 is the best option for you at the moment....

Currently using:
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mouse33 wrote:
Well thanks everyone. I have done the three button reset. I watched the gears , I waited until all the settings apps updated and tried bluetooth . Phone stops working when bluetooth switched on.
( I did a clean reset ie. Not from backup started afresh.)
OH is not happy about sending it in for repair, he needs the phone for work.
He says he will not put bluetooth on, he doesn't need it.

My 925 shall stay running wp8. I can't afford to get it sorted.

Thank you for the update. 

That's fair enough if he doesn't use Bluetooth.

take care.  😄

Message 18 of 18