Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WP 8.1 on lumia 925 and 625 broke bluetooth

Mouse33
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I updated 925 in August official from o2. Played with new settings and switched bluetooth on . BT Speaker connected. Music app wouldn't open. I tried audable same. I then tried phoning someone and instead of it saying connected to bluetooth it said connected to speaker phone. Except it wasn't. No one could hear me.
Bluetooth wouldn't switch off. All apps using audio would not open.
Did a reset. Phone calls and audio working again. Switched Bluetooth back on and I am back to the same.
So i contact Microsoft live chat. I'm talked through solutions not fixed. I'm then given link for nokia recovery tool and I downgrade to wp 8 . I did a clean install of 8.1 same issue as before.
Contact o2 told to send for repair. Why? Phones not broken
Phone o2 and I am told pointless as it must be software not hardware as phone works as it should back on 8.

Unfortunately I dropped the phone in October and cracked the screen so it won't be getting sent to nokia.
I have now " upgraded husbands lumia 625 and low and behold it is exactly the same. He has a phone with8.1 and no Bluetooth.
I live chat to Microsoft online tonight and as I am slow at typing, it must come across as me being some thick imbecile who has no idea what's she's doing. He told me that both phones need to go nokia and its a download error somewhere.
Any one else had this issue ? If so how did you fix it?
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse33
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Well thanks everyone. I have done the three button reset. I watched the gears , I waited until all the settings apps updated and tried bluetooth . Phone stops working when bluetooth switched on.
( I did a clean reset ie. Not from backup started afresh.)
OH is not happy about sending it in for repair, he needs the phone for work.
He says he will not put bluetooth on, he doesn't need it.

My 925 shall stay running wp8. I can't afford to get it sorted.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I'll be honest with you and say no, I haven't had any problem with BT at all. In fact it is much better and more stable now on 8.1 than it ever was on 8.0.
When you did a rest, how did you do it?
I always use the buttons to hard reset as detailed here http://project-dna.org/how-to-hard-reset-the-nokia-lumia-520-and-720-windows-phone-8/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Mouse33

Some Carfone Warehouse HighStreet Shops have Nokia Care Centres who may be able to help.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/care-point/
Message 3 of 18

Mouse33
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The reset sorts the phone to enable use of it but as soon as Bluetooth is turned back on the phone is no longer functional.
I also reset the phone to factory settings. Same fault.
I used nokia recovery tool and downgraded to wp 8 and did a "clean" download of update and same fault.
At the moment the 925 is running wp8 without problems it can not be upgraded due to wp 8.1 fault.

The 625 I updated tonight it has very few apps on it OH just uses it as a phone. It has done exactly the same. Bluetooth does not work. When it's switched on the phone is useless.
I have only needed to do a soft reset to get the phone functioning again as long as Bluetooth is NOT switched on.

It's driving me scatty. I made sure that phones had at least 70% up in battery before doing the upgrade. I have no idea what to do next.
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Which is why I have recommended a hard reset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

Mouse33
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The nearest nokia care to me is Glasgow. It's too far away.
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
So you need to try a hard reset them or send it off for repair - It isn't a common problem that I've heard of at all.......

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

Mouse33
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I did a hard reset with the 925. I took it back to factory settings. I also put it back to wp 8 and on a "-as new" phone downloaded the 8.1 again and it did the same. Thanks
Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Mouse33 wrote:
I did a hard reset with the 925.

With the buttons or from the menu?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Mouse33
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Can I thank you all for helping . I don't mean to be abrupt but my crappy typing comes across as that. I really do appreciate any help.
I can't do anything about 925 i have another 8 months with it and I am going to change operating systems. I need the apps I use to work and they're not getting updated .
Message 10 of 18