cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 5 New Features in BlackBerry 10.3.1

Anonymous
Not applicable

So those of us with existing BlackBerry 10 devices (Z10, Q10, Z30) won't be getting OS 10.3...but we WILL be getting OS 10.3.1 in November (if rumours are true, and O2 allow us to upgrade!)

As well as the full list of new features included with 10.3 which I detailed in this post, there are even more to come in 10.3.1!

The video shows off 5 of the new features coming in 10.3.1, but here is a list:

• Reverse Contrast Mode (which I think makes the menus look very like Android)
  • Block Contacts
  • Hide Photos
  • Battery Saving Mode
  • Custom Notifications - They're finally BACK and include custom LED colours for different apps!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for sharing.

I truly hope O2 do see some sense and start offering Blackberry phones again soon.
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for sharing.

I truly hope O2 do see some sense and start offering Blackberry phones again soon.

Me too, especially since all of the current resellers to consumers (CPW, Selfridges, Amazon, Shop BlackBerry etc), not business users, are selling out before they even get the devices in stock! But the new phones aren't necessary for this major update to the operating system, it will be available to all BB10 devices in November.

Edit: To add some and fix spelling

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

when we will get 10.3.1 ?

thanks

Message 5 of 19

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for sharing.

Me too, especially since all of the current resellers to consumers (CPW, Selfridges, Amazon, Shop BlackBerry etc), not business users, are selling out before they even get the devices in stock! But the new phones aren't necessary for this major update to the operating system, it will be available to all BB10 devices in November.

Edit: To add some and fix spelling

The Classic is on the coming soon pages

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/blackberry/classic/

but I was told in store February so picked one up from Selfridges today Mexican Wave expect a review when I've put it through its paces.

The different colour LED notifications are a nice touch without needing a 3rd party app Smiley Very Happy

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is a blackberry article. ..... where is @Anonymous for her input? ??
Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

The different colour LED notifications are a nice touch without needing a 3rd party app Smiley Very Happy

Oh look, another manufacturer catching up with Android at last Mexican Wave

tongue

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We had a first time poster on here last week telling us that the Classic was in the O2 shop...when I checked it actually said coming soon. Even that is a good move....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 19

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@aldaweb wrote:

Oh look, another manufacturer catching up with Android at last Mexican Wave

tongue

How do you do that on stock android then?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 10 of 19