cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture messaging

Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone please help me.

Been a loyal customer with O2 for a number of years and I’ve had my current phone since Apr11. Never been able to send/receive photos. Took my phone to an O2 shop, they said they would send a text which would set me up in 24 hours. Received a message saying this was not possible and to call customer services. Did this and was told I need to complete a 30 point instruction list on my phone to set up picture messaging. Did this and it still doesn’t work. All I get is an error message, 2509:Invalid originator data. I don’t see the point in having an error message come up if no one knows what it means.

The last time I went into my local O2 shop in South Shields, I was more or less told to live with it, nothing can be done. This outlet is a franchise shop. It seems to me that the staff there do not care about your reputation. I cannot even get an early upgrade as compensation for this problem.

I don’t know where else to go with this other than when my contract ends I will no longer be staying with your company and would not recommend you to anyone. I feel I have been let down by yourselves.

I have put this on here to let others know about this problem in a last ditch attempt that someone out there might know how to fix the problem when it seems that you cannot.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

it's a nokia n8 on pay monthly contract

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
I seem to be writing this a lot lately. It may just be as simple as getting CS to remove MMS from your account and then reprovision it. You must make them remove it completely and not just reactivate it. But we'll check your settings first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4