cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 8 Pro, no 5G still; What about 4G performance?

Dragonaut
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm aware the OnePlus 8 Pro isn't truly compatible with O2's 5G network but, how well does it work with standard 4G? I can't get a clear answer, I'm not fussed by 5G at this point, I really just want a daily runner with a decent connection. Can anyone clarify this for me? Cheers!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Dragonaut 

No reason why it wouldn't perform the same as any other phone.

A few of us have had older OP devices and have worked perfectly well on 4g.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Dragonaut
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Afternoon MI5 👍 Cheers for the quick response, I thought as much too, though some have reported massive slow down on O2's 4G network, as well as strange WIFI bottlenecking. I'm on the fence about purchasing this phone, may bite the bullet and give it a go.
Message 3 of 5

Dragonaut
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh, I currently have a OnePlus 6T, as you say, older OP phone work perfectly fine and you're right, my 6T works flawlessly. This only adds to my confusion as to why some are having issues with a basic 4G connection, with the 8 series.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
No logical reason as far as I can see ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5