cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 "confirms" Blackberry OS 10.2.1 launch in January

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.geekshut.com/o2-confirms-blackberry-os-10-2-1-launches-january/15745

Can't come soon enough! i'm not loading leaks onto my Z10 and I'm looking forward to some of the new features we'll be getting with the OS!

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I would get sim free given half a chance. Saves issues with unlocking and more speedy updates in the future.

Is the blackberry software more reliable now? I previously had several bb's with Vodafone and the software kept failing and the only way to resolve was to send the phone back for repair. Became a pain so got rid and not had one since.

The software is amazing now to be honest. I've came up through the ranks from BBOS4, BBOS5, BBOS6, BBOS7 and now BB10...and this is the fastest, most intuitive software they have produced.

There are obviously still problems with some phones as there are for all phone manufacturers but I havent had a single problem with mine which is now almost a year old.

You should pop into an O2 store and have a look at the Z10...and hope they don't have it in demo mode Destroy

Message 11 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've handled one didn't play with it seemed very well made
Message 12 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have heard good reports about the Z30 in a similar vain.

I am not critical of blackberry but wv would be very cautious about having another after previous experiences.
Message 13 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have heard good reports about the Z30 in a similar vain.

I am not critical of blackberry but wv would be very cautious about having another after previous experiences.

Can I ask a question...it wouldn't happen to have been BlackBerry Curve's you had problems would it by chance? wink

Message 14 of 80

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2 stop ordering the z10 http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2014/01/13/blackberry-cuts-z10-price-as-o2-and-ee-stop-selling-it/

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 80

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Can I ask a question...it wouldn't happen to have been BlackBerry Curve's you had problems would it by chance? wink

I've had about 3 Blackberry curves.  2 the same model.  One was taken back to the O2 shop within a day of having it.  At first they wouldn't do nothing about it even though it clearly wasn't working (clock was coming on all of the time and freezing the phone even though nothing was running in the background).  Then when it was reset it was the same problem.  After being given a replacement I had the same issue so I went back and they advised me to look at the newer model, which was a bit more expensive but it was supposed to be a lot faster and smoother transitions.  I hated it.  It was not much better than the first phone I had.  It was very slow and couldn't handle running the apps. 

Message 16 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep...see, I must be psychic!

Everyone I have ever spoken to that have had problems with BlackBerry's have owned the "budget" Curve models. Quite a few of my friends had the same model and every single one of them had replaced them for something else within a year because of the problems they had with them.

On the other hand, I had the more expensive Bold 9700 and then the Bold 9900 and didn't have a problem with either. In fact both are still functioning, and one of my friends has the 9900 as her daily phone even after me dunking it in water by accident back in January 2012!

BB10 isn't an upgrade to BBOS, it is a completely new operating system and it is far far superior!

But anyone who is looking for a new phone and is undecided should really consider BB10, either the touchscreen Z10 or the Q10 which has buttons.

Message 17 of 80

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

If you're psychic then what are the lottery numbers ofr tonight Papadug?

Luckily the Blackberry was just a spare phone otherwise I wouldn't of kept it at all.

I only intended to use it for calls, checking one of my email accounts and BBM but it couldn't handle processes. I took it back within 2 days.  The last one I had wasn't perfect (newer curve model) but I was so sick of messing round that I put up with it.  It only lasted a few months before I took it to the CEX shop.

I am now an Apple fan but considering moving to the dark side that is Samsung (as a spare ofcourse - I don't think I could ever let go of an Apple product lol).

Message 18 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well at least now you don't need a BlackBerry phone to be able to use BBM (although I know people have had problems with the current version of the app on iPhone).

But come to the BlackBerry dark side...we have cookies!

Message 19 of 80

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I have had so many problems with BBM on my iPhone.  I think it was a bad idea.  For some reason, it seems like t he BBM app is counter-acting with the iPhone software on my phone.  I haven't browsed the net so I don't know if there are many others with the same problem.  I have raised the issue with Blackberry and they are still looking into it.

And i'm not a cookie girl - you'll have to offer more to tempt me to the dark side

Message 20 of 80