Nokia - Windows Phone 7.8 *RELEASED*

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hey Guys,

Got some great news for all you Nokia fans out there! slight_smile You all will be delighted to know that we’re currently testing and working closely with Nokia UK to unveil the Windows Phone 7.8 software update for Lumia 610, Lumia 710, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 soon to ensure it delivers a superb user experience.

Once we have a green light for the roll-out, we’ll update this post and O2 customers will be available to download the update via Zune. Exciting times, right?! Meanwhile, I’m curious to know which particular feature from the latest version (7.8) are you guys waiting for?

WP 7.8.jpg

Update 31/01/2013: WP 7.8 is live for Lumia 610, 710, 800, and 900 and WP 8 PR 1.1 for Lumia 820 (OTA).

What does the update include? For Lumia 610, 710 & 800 devices, it includes:

• New features to the Start Screen, new colors and lock screen improvements.
• WP 7.8 OS includes enablers for new apps such as Bluetooth Share and Ringtone Maker.

For Lumia 820 devices, improvements include:

• Increasing device performance
• Browser enhancements and new ringtone capability.
• Improvements to the general functionality of the phone including NFC pairing, battery monitor performance and bluetooth connectivity.

Cheers, Abs

Message 1 of 209
208 REPLIES 208

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a concern 02 have not advised when it will available the other Network seem ok.

Message 111 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone heard from O2 why are they dragging there feet we want use the Live Tiles and everything working as it should be also using the Apps I have purchased
Message 112 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if it is released then were is it?

The O2 gurus are next to useless as they did not know anything about it when I went into an O2 store.  All they could advise is to call O2, eh?  You are O2 guru, why are you fobbing me of!  Why would I want to call O2s call centre in mumbai or whatever 3rd world country its in to speak to people who are forced to watch the likes of Eastenders and Emmerdale to learn to speak proper English, Innit! and ask me about the sodden weather.

O2, just release the dam updates provided free from Nokia and Windows.  Why is it so difficult for you to do so.  What was the point in announcing the updates on here when you can't/don't know how to/ stalling hoping we buy new phones with it already installed......

Message 113 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be nice if someone from O2 would sort this out they all keep fobing it off

why can they not sort this out this has been gone for a number of days since Nokia & Microsoft agreed the update and other Networks have updated there phones. O2 havenot mentioned the cost to customers that have paid for Apps and ther things that are usinng the Live Tiles and the battery problems. O2 if your checking the message boards please sort it out. just  attempted to check in Zune Market Place but still no updates available. Want use it when it is working correctly.

Message 114 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby,

Why have we not heard from O2 about the Microsoft Update this has been available to the other Network providers including O2. Why are not getting the update to sort out the problems with the update from O2 on the 31 Jan13 Software Version 7.10 (8858).  Why has O2 been so slow in getting the problem sorted out a hopefully there are a number O2 customers that have been caused by this problem and want it sorted out as soon as possible. From what other customers are saying who ever you speak to no one knows what is going on. Obviously have cheking Zune Market Place hoping that a mirracle has occured

Message 115 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are not all waiting for a fix, some of us are still waiting for the first update.

Rapidly running out of time for the promised 'All updated by end of month'

Begining to wonder if its ever going to happen.

Message 116 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

They appear to leave every thing as late as possible

Message 117 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, couldn't leave it much later could they?

Starting to think that if you aint got it by now, you just arn't going to.

Not an MS hater, but think this has been handled so badly, and will do untold damage to the WP platform.

Ah well......7.5s still  pretty good...

Message 118 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great at long last i have just got the update message which i have now done and can start too  test the new features again. Hope everyone else get the update asap.

Message 119 of 209

Anonymous
Not applicable

just recieved the 7.10(8779) update hope to get the other updates soon

Message 120 of 209