cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 625 Question (Live & Hotmail)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my new phone above yesterday.

It requested me to set up a Live (Microsoft) Account.

Somehow I have ended up with a hotmail and live account but with the same e-mail address. In the phone and on the tile screen i have an outlook box and hotmail box for the same e-mail address.

But this is not the question I have.

I am a bit of a freak when it comes to calendar enteries. I have put in my contacts and calendar enteries into my phone but on the settings for the calendar it asks if what account I want active i.e. the hotmail or live account. If I have both accounts active I get duplicate calendar enteries.

What account should I scrub but bearing in my mind that any contacts or calendar enteries get synched with outlook which essentially stores them as back-up.

Hope this is understandable for someone!

Thanks,

Paul.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
OK, so it says your MS account is the Hotmail one?
I guess when you signed in to MS you didn't use a previous email identity and you created a new one?
If so, you need to keep that one and remove the "Live" one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
Go into Settings >Email & Accounts and delete the Hotmail account - It's not needed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

i should have said there is a microsoft account and a live account - which one should i delete then please

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
I just have a Microsoft account which I though was what you meant, either way, no need for Hotmail as all emails & calandars come through Outlook.com and will also sync to your Gmail account if you have one.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

its says i have the following:

microsoft account in brackets hotmail

live account

i am so confused!

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
OK, so it says your MS account is the Hotmail one?
I guess when you signed in to MS you didn't use a previous email identity and you created a new one?
If so, you need to keep that one and remove the "Live" one.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so removed the live one and it worked

checked outlook and it works perfectly and syncs my calendar enteries and contacts thank you for all your help!

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
Usually you would use an existing email to create your MS account so that was the confusion at first, but, good result in the end.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your help

Message 9 of 9