cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The all new Nokia 8 Goes on sale 13th sept!! 

It will be available to buy on September 13 for £499 prepaid, in two colour variants: steel and blue.

Confirmed stockers of the Nokia 8 include: Carphone Warehouse, EE, Virgin, Amazon and John Lewis.

Monthly plans from Carphone Warehouse start at £34 with a £9.99 upfront cost. A free Nokia steel smartwatch worth £119.99 is included. Both colour schemes are available.

EE will be stocking the blue version and prices start at £40.49 per month with a £9.99 upfront cost. Virgin have yet to confirm pricing and colour ways.

Features

The Nokia 8 is encased in a glass body with Gorilla Glass 5 on the 5.3-inch IPS display. Resolution for the screen is quad HD, 1440 x 2560 pixels, and features an always-on mode. Dimensions are 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm, the device weighs 160g.

Powering the device is the octa-core Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. Internal memory stands at 64GB upgradeable up to 25GB via microSD. It will run Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box.

Bothie

Primary snapper is 13 megapixels with a f/2.0 aperture and laser autofocus. The main camera uses lens from optics manufacturer Carl Zeiss. The front-facing camera is also 13 megapixels with phase detection autofocus.

Users can snap a picture of themselves and a point of interest simultaneously with a software feature called ‘bothie’.

Other features include: 3,090mAh battery, USB Type-C and front-mounted fingerprint sensor.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The big question that hasn't been answered is whether or not o2 will sell any of the new nokias directly, or whether would be customers will move with their feet to the likes of the carphone warehouse

The Nokia 8 isn’t a device we’re ranging but we do constantly review the devices we stock. We have very recently launched the Nokia 3 and the Nokia 5, both well priced with solid specs for the money. If you're after something a bit beefier though, moving away from Nokia there's also the fantastic OnePlus 5 you may be interested in?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was really hoping that O2 would be stocking this one and I've been waiting for it since I firstread about it a few months back as I was due to upgrade this year. I'm not bothered about iPhones and I don't really like Samsungs. I've had Nokias for years (all except my very first mobile and a brief Samsung hiatus) and I was so pleased to read that Nokia were bringing out an Android phone at last. "Great", thought I "I'll be able to get Facebook Messenger on my phone again and not have to wait to get home and log on to read them" (I do sometimes miss messages that are time-critical on Messenger). I'm really disappointed that there's no plans for O2 to stock the Nokia 8. Is there any chance that might change Chris_K?

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you really think that people interested in Nokia8 are thinking about Nokia3 or 5 .

I personally will go to any other provider that has Nokia 8 in stok.  I switch everytime my contract runs out because none of the providers has any edge in competition, you guys all do the same stuf so if Nokia 8 isn't in your stock I sign with somebody else, simple.

Message 13 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes obviously go to a provider who can supply it

Maybe a deal from CPW on any network you choose? 

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here. My refresh is now paid, and I have a month left on my airtime. I'm off to Virgin mobile. Seems like O2 aren't listening to what their customers want.
Message 15 of 15