cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 515 having trouble dialling out, but not receiving calls .....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming its that scheister developer MacArthy & Stone's now completed 'later life is greater life' building which is getting in the way - company has been investigated by BBC Panorama  tv programme & that's good enough for me to call them scheisters = that & total abuse I've had to endure from the sub-contractors

my living room, my bedroom, my workroom all face that way ..... now all is occupied, very unhelpful on site posh/unresponsive woman, I've complained to her about parking problems = cars on footpaths where lots of us people who walk to Morrissons supermarket find it difficult to carry 2 bags of shopping up the hill & have to go on the narrow cobbled street that us pedestrians are left with 

I am right handed so it is difficult for me to hold the handset in my right hand & jot down notes with my left

I don't know where my nearest phone mast is, but have been told the eyesore of Homeloan building part of Skipton Building Society has 2 phone masts on carbuncle building & that's why it cannot be razed to the ground & decent developers start again Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi Jane

Hopefully they will be finished soon and you get back to normal...:smileywink:

If you are unable to use your phone you may want to ring O2 and talk to them about your problem. Not sure what else can be advised... Other than a different phone...or different network? slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Cleoriff slight_smile

its my fault for not expressing myself properly ..... the building is complete, & I can just see the tops of the bushes on their roof garden in between their pitched rooves = I am high up in my living room, a good sized void & a middle cellar not accessible to me + a cellar I can access gets the floor of my living room high & when I'm on the laptop in what is now my workroom as I say I'm much more higher than say I am roadside where I am more-or-less level with the ground

I'm just wondering if I found out where my O2 phone mast is & turn around say my workroom computer station & my living room settee where I usually sit to watch tv etc & use phone downstairs

wherever I go in the house my phone goes with me eg my parents are elderly & I need to be there pdq if necessary & for my own safety in my home 

thank you for replying Cleoriff Cat

Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jane

You can check via http://sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/search where your masts are.
Message 4 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Has this problem just started recently Jane?

Also how does the phone work in other areas of the house?

If ok in other rooms then yes ...maybe you should be thinking of changing rooms round. I know how important it is for you to be in constant contact with your Mum and Dad. wink

(Anyway none of us want to be trying to use a phone that gets no signal.

Another tip would be to try other networks Pay and go sim in your phone to see if they work better?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you BoB for the link

there is an O2 mast GSM on what looks like atop Johnson's corner 

there is a 3 mast UMTS mast atop carbuncle buinging (yep, Prince Charles did visit Skipton &  called it a Carbuncle)

by the looks of where the O2 mast is positioned, I reckon if I swapped my computer station to where an old, traditional 3 drawer wooden office desk is = maybe put my computer station on the 3/4 line = I may loose space in my workroom, but hey havn't done any furniture removing for a while = need at least one big man to help = I'll put an ad in the local rag LOL wink

had no trouble with phone calls before & eg I have had my son saying 'mum I've been ringing you since New Year!' & I've not received any calls from him so maybe when at home I am missing calls which are not being received when I'm at home Cat Help

Message 6 of 24

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 7 of 24

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Put your phone on GSM (2G) only.
Menu >Settings >Phone >Network Mode > Select GSM.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 24

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
PS, just found this interactive guide. Click each line and it will show you the phone screen at each step.
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=164603&CURRENT...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

just done a test call to my mum & dad

with phone as it will be when workroom is re-arranged

roadside down stairs I have kitchen/diner & bathroom upstair + what is house spare double bedroom, this is for when my son & his partner come to visit slight_smile

so can't swop purposes of upstairs rooms around

I really, dont want to start 'messing about' with a different phone/phone service provider etc Cleoriff

my poor little brain just could not stand it ( @MI5 may putting his little hands together & saying a silent prayer that I do that as we speak wink )

however, gotta go & check on Dancer then uptown for jobs to do

thank you replying Cleoriff Cat

Message 10 of 24