cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Nokia 620 phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi My Nokia 620 has developed a fault with the power button, it will not turn on as it should. i have had the handset since the end of january 2013, so it is not quite twelve months old yet.Can you advise what i need to do to get this sorted.

Regards

David Bellamy

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Nokia 620 has removable covers that can get dislodged, or can be put on ever so slightly incorrectly.  When this happens, the buttons on the side can stop working.

It may be worthwhile just checking before you send it off for repair that the cover is on correctly.

It sounds silly, but I've had that happen a few tinmes with my 520.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Davidbellamy and welcome to the forum,

Possibly a soft reset or hard reset may make your power button work again.

A hard reset can delete your saved data so a back up of this data is recommended.

http://www.noknok.tv/2013/04/24/how-to-reset-your-nokia-lumia-620-running-windows-phone-8/ 

You have a couple of choices regarding a repair.

1, Visit a Nokia care Point and let them deal with it {recommended}.

2, If it was bought from O2 then they provide a repair service where they send it off to their own repairers. You can take it to your local O2 shop to be sent off.

Nokia Care Point Link ; http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/care-point/

Let us know how you get on.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it needs a repair take it to nokia O2 repairs are known not to be very good at the best of times
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Nokia 620 has removable covers that can get dislodged, or can be put on ever so slightly incorrectly.  When this happens, the buttons on the side can stop working.

It may be worthwhile just checking before you send it off for repair that the cover is on correctly.

It sounds silly, but I've had that happen a few tinmes with my 520.

Message 4 of 4