cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Anonymous
Not applicable

My trusty Nokia 515 has served me well utd ..... but ..... tbh I'd like a bigger screen ..... as ..... I take fairish amount of photos from the phone ..... don't use my digital camera for owt, its in its box in the bureaux ..... = ..... just sooooo hit & miss using it ..... not foolproof like my old trusty Ricoh, which was Camera of the Year once upon a time slight_smile

I've been browsing O2 website, the new real cat of O2, well got tearful about it, way to go WhiteRealPussCat, whose name I just can't remember atm ..... but ..... just luvved the manufactured hybrid cat, as @Cleoriff would say ie CatsHead with a DogsBody tee hee hee ..... he / she / it strutted its stuff like John Travolta did in Saturday Night Fever in time to the music in neon light ..... yep ..... BeMoreDog ..... & ..... Sexy Sean Bean hasn't been dropped (he's the voice of O2)

Back to subject ..... I have checked My O2 & found I have £40 to pay off the device, which is do-able ..... & ..... £12:50 ish per month is also fine ..... bit worried when checking up on asterisked notes eg I'd need to take out new insurance when up-grading ..... wtf ..... does this mean like my house insurance contents? ..... I separately? don't / never have taken out special insurance to cover a mobile phone, even though I'd come a cropper with contact etc, yep I know I've mentioned this before, & you people say @MI5 have advised me on backing up contacts on mobile phone, but utd I havn't done it ..... & ..... kinda still think that atm I could manage to do it by hand ie in my address book (paper type, used with black gel pen)

Whaddya think re: above  ^^^^^   ^^^^^   ^^^^^

I'm mindful of, not pressing the 'buy now' which I could sooooo easily do, & yep I could also drop into town's O2 shop early doors tomorrow, Saturday, before the crowds descend upon Skipton, & before the O2 shop gets busy

thank you

WispaRed7 Cat

All That Glitters is Not Gold Cat Very Happy

Simples

Message 1 of 401
400 REPLIES 400

Cleoriff
  • 123305 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

righto ... off to the shop I hop hop hop ... LOL

Is it open today Jane?....

Edit. I can answer my own question...yes it is...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 341 of 401

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144876 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 342 of 401

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Well you do have a friend there wink

Stavros ? ... the long time manager of the O2 shop in town ... well ... he is on his holidays LOL ... as my favourite bloke in the shop = lovely Irish Joe says the boss goes away in the quiet periods, no doubt relaxing after the Chrisbo mayhem slight_smile

No 650 in stock in the shop but Joe rang the shop in the Merrion Centre, Leeds for a black one & my home-town Castleford for a white one ... coming Tuesday, but to be sure Joes said to ring our shop 1st because there in't 'owt in it for either shop to send the 650's quickly to Skipton shop

I don't like black portable electronic devices because they arn't easy to see in my handbag ... I've really liked my orange 640 & for the feel of it in my hand ... hope the 650 has such lovely rounded corners & handles as well

@Toby please could you 'feedback' to Joe's 'higher-up's' please the well-positive experience / excellent customer care he gave me, he even remembered my name Bouncy ... I asked him if he was a Guru, he said he wouldn't want to be one ... Joe also patiently wrote down the advantage of paying for the device upfront, I'd save about £40, he was very kind in that he wasn't pushy because he mentioned twice I may not be in a position to do that ... I took the hand-written notes home anyway = very clear writing btw

Tuesday is payday Bouncy & my birthday Bouncy sooo hopefully I'll be celebrating even more LOL

Message 344 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 et al ... on my old 640 before it was made a brick & I got a replacement through the O2 shop in town ... well I got eg messages off the O2 Community coming onto my mobile ... @Cleoriff told me about this when my laptop was in the town's local laptop centre for the young man to de-clutter it & install Windows10 for me properly ... silly me had installed it myself foc, then on the advice of 2 of my friends un-installed it, then I changed my mind & made a total mess of it ... so was without laptop for a few days & being at home a lot, not complaining, but I felt I'd lost communication with the outside world 

Can you help me please to get my 640 in tip top shape before passing over all stuff to new 650 next week, thank you

Cat

Message 345 of 401

MI5
  • 144876 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
If you let me know exactly what you want to do Jane, I'll try and help you.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 346 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 123305 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@AnonymousIt doesn't matter what colour the phone is because you can get very bright covers.....

(My phone is gold, but its in a bright pink/red case..

Have a look at these on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_il_ti_electronics?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A560798%2Ck%3Amicrosoft+lumia+650%2Cp_6%3AA2F4X97S1IYW70&bbn=560798&keywords=microsoft+lumia+650&ie=UTF8&qid=1456299362&lo=electronics&gclid=CIWh3KWbxdECFVG6GwodRxwCyg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 347 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @MI5

I'd like to restore the function where I can get messages from O2 Community direct to my 640, before transferring everything over to the 650 which I will buy next week from Skipton O2 shop

This function was not working when my 640 was replaced last Summer due to accidental water damage it was a brick

It may be something to do with me not being sure I've got the 640 geared up to Windows 10, I'm not that clued up MI5 as you know

Sorry to be over-verbose ... slight_frown

Message 348 of 401

MI5
  • 144876 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Do you mean email notifications?

Currently using:
Message 349 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 123305 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Do you mean email notifications?

I think that's what Jane means Rich. Probably when she got her replacement last year.. didn't subscribe to notifications from O2?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 350 of 401