cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Anonymous
Not applicable

My trusty Nokia 515 has served me well utd ..... but ..... tbh I'd like a bigger screen ..... as ..... I take fairish amount of photos from the phone ..... don't use my digital camera for owt, its in its box in the bureaux ..... = ..... just sooooo hit & miss using it ..... not foolproof like my old trusty Ricoh, which was Camera of the Year once upon a time slight_smile

I've been browsing O2 website, the new real cat of O2, well got tearful about it, way to go WhiteRealPussCat, whose name I just can't remember atm ..... but ..... just luvved the manufactured hybrid cat, as @Cleoriff would say ie CatsHead with a DogsBody tee hee hee ..... he / she / it strutted its stuff like John Travolta did in Saturday Night Fever in time to the music in neon light ..... yep ..... BeMoreDog ..... & ..... Sexy Sean Bean hasn't been dropped (he's the voice of O2)

Back to subject ..... I have checked My O2 & found I have £40 to pay off the device, which is do-able ..... & ..... £12:50 ish per month is also fine ..... bit worried when checking up on asterisked notes eg I'd need to take out new insurance when up-grading ..... wtf ..... does this mean like my house insurance contents? ..... I separately? don't / never have taken out special insurance to cover a mobile phone, even though I'd come a cropper with contact etc, yep I know I've mentioned this before, & you people say @MI5 have advised me on backing up contacts on mobile phone, but utd I havn't done it ..... & ..... kinda still think that atm I could manage to do it by hand ie in my address book (paper type, used with black gel pen)

Whaddya think re: above  ^^^^^   ^^^^^   ^^^^^

I'm mindful of, not pressing the 'buy now' which I could sooooo easily do, & yep I could also drop into town's O2 shop early doors tomorrow, Saturday, before the crowds descend upon Skipton, & before the O2 shop gets busy

thank you

WispaRed7 Cat

All That Glitters is Not Gold Cat Very Happy

Simples

Message 1 of 401
400 REPLIES 400

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Tap the name of your router on the wifi page and it will ask you for the password wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 181 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh yes Cleo' you know me so well wink btw mine has pink polka dots on slight_smile

To go with your pink thermal gloves no doubt....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 182 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Tap the name of your router on the wifi page and it will ask you for the password wink

Not sure I'm on the right 'page' even yet slight_frown

Should it be 'on about' proxy? that has a password & a username

Have been tapping name of router but it does not dot ask for a password

I feel useless slight_frown

I've even turned the phone off & on again 

Message 183 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Jane if you go into your settings on your phone...it should bring up the WiFi section?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 184 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Have a look at this video guide

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 185 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Jane if you go into your settings on your phone...it should bring up the WiFi section?

Thank you for your patience @Cleoriff

maybe you can sense I'm panicking slight_frown

I go into Settings > network + wireless > WiFi > then my Sky hub name (no password asked), WiFi networking is On, secure in blue letters, then when I tap the Sky hub name it goes on about editing network, & proxy which I have off 

WHAT A MUDDLE I'VE GOT MYSELF IN ... ... ... BOO HOO HOO

Message 186 of 401

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
No, it already has the password remembered, so when it goes blue and says secure it means you are on the wifi connection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 187 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

the fan symbol has just come on at the top of the phone ... ... ... what a relief

& to the left hand side of the Sky hub name there is a fan symbol as well 

Feeling calmer now ... ... ... I now can relax & get ready to watch Endeavour at 8 o' clock

Thanks to all of you for your unstinting help & patience with me

Message 188 of 401

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Yep, that's it, all done.
Just make sure the fan is on when you think you should be connected to wifi and it will save your data.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 189 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Job done...aaaannnndddd Relax...aaannnndddd Breathe Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 190 of 401