Did you mean: 

Last Go . APN for a LINX8 103G tablet. Microsoft driven

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi folks

This is my last go before I ditch this tablet. The main need is the APN and details to enable an 02 sim with money attached- PAYG .  

The tablet works at home with wifi but will not operate with an 02 sim. I got the 02 sim in an o2 store but the guy was new Im unknowing and he didnt try it out at the time. Its taking ages to sort and this will be my last last time.

The item has recently been charged up and isnt used often but its running down while switched off it seems !!  No need to comment on that the sim is the priority.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The settings for a windows device are the same as those on the link to jonsie's thread.
This is an external link to windows settings with screenshots which may help https://www.teamknowhow.com/discover/discover/o2-apn-settings#Windows%20phone%20APN%20settings%20for...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
PS I was sent Jonsies suggestion to s.o else about this but my tablet didt show all the settings given by Jonsie. Iveno idea if Linx is android or not - Sorry veteran material
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The settings for a windows device are the same as those on the link to jonsie's thread.
This is an external link to windows settings with screenshots which may help https://www.teamknowhow.com/discover/discover/o2-apn-settings#Windows%20phone%20APN%20settings%20for...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi Thanks

Ill give it a go. i tried the  top set of instructions on the list provided. But there was no MSSC or MSS (hope that's correct) setting on the Linx.

I'll try one of the other settings.   Its not a phone. It is an ex demo tablet .So was cheap.  Maybe i was misled as to how old it was. Its ok at home on wifi  but Ive not been able to use whilst travelling.

If anyone has an idea which of these settings would suit a LINX8 103G tablet please lett me know.

Best wishes

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The settings on the link in my post above will work if entered correctly.
You don't need to worry about anything other than the first section for data. The other part is for mms messaging only.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks M15.     I'll see if my godson is free to go thru them with me again.

Maybe there is something wrong with this ex demo model.

Much appreciated

Best Wishes

Message 6 of 8

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Hi M15 my godson had a go. We had trouble with knowing whether to put in the PAYG settings or just the initial section. There was no drop down relating to APN for LTE which didn't appear as an option. So we haven't sussed it yet. He did tell me about Huwei (spelling?) mobile wifi device which he said might be a solution. Sorry
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Jenny

Settings should be like this:

Type the following:

• Profile name: o2 Internet
  • APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk
  • Username: payandgo
  • Password: password

Tick the box next to 'Use this APN for LTE' then tap save. - This might say "Highest connection speed" if so,  choose 4G or LTE

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8