cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding SMS Messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Please excuse me if this question has been answered before.

I have just taken out a new contract with 02 but still have an old contract running. I've been using an HTC 8s Windows Phone 8 and have managed to forward my calls, to my new Samsung Galaxy S4, but don't know how to do this with text messages, is there an app?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Not that I'm aware of either - It would be useful though....

Unless.... I'm not sure if this would work or not, but, try adding both phone numbers to Google Hangouts and use Hangouts as the default SMS app....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Not that I'm aware of either - It would be useful though....

Unless.... I'm not sure if this would work or not, but, try adding both phone numbers to Google Hangouts and use Hangouts as the default SMS app....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tasker can forward messages. It will look like all messages came from your other phone though. You can forward the original number and contact in the body of the message.

Message 4 of 4