cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackbery 9861 poor signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have moved to the country in Durham county, my wife has agood signal with her Iphone 4, the TU-GO o2 ap does not appear to have a black berry ap, are there any sugestions out there untill my contract runs out and I can change phones

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

My phone is the Torch and it is up todate with version 7.1, my wife and I are long term O2 Customers, I am coming to the conclusion that it is a bad phone thats all we have BT internet and I was trying to find a way to rout calls via wireless when the signal is not there.

Thanks any way

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats the Torch isn't it?

Are you running the latest operating system for your phone? Install Desktop manager on a PC or laptop and then plug in your phone and see if there is a more recent OS...often the radio files for the phones are in improved which should improve your signal.

Is your phone set to use 2G or 3G? Are you trying to make calls or send txts/email?

Is your wife also on O2?

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

My phone is the Torch and it is up todate with version 7.1, my wife and I are long term O2 Customers, I am coming to the conclusion that it is a bad phone thats all we have BT internet and I was trying to find a way to rout calls via wireless when the signal is not there.

Thanks any way

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest trying your phone on 2G only. To do this go to - Manage Connections -> Mobile Network Options -> Network mode ->2G

Itmight be that you are in a rural and if wyou pin it on to the 2G it might be a better signal than always trying to hunt for 3G even if the 3G isnt that good of a signal.  

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thanks

I have tried that and I saw a full signal for about 2 secs before it went back to SOS, I do not think it is the phone because this is the third blackberry we have tried in this area, as a matter of interest a O2 Lady in a O2 Shop told me that O2 had stopped marketing the phone because it was no good.

My options seem to be to either buy out the contract (not good value for money) and change my provider or buy a I Phone 😞

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK Rebotted phone and now have two bars slight_smile will give it aweek and see how I go,

Thanks for the 2G Tip slight_smile

Message 6 of 6