Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB10 OS update

Sanj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I believe the OS update is being rolled out. Any idea when O2 will have the update?  It's meant to prolong battery life etc.

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thank Jamesc for further muddying already murky waters!

So two direct questions to O2:

1. Are O2 making this update available to customers?

2. If not, why not?

Easy, isn't it?

In reply to Sanj, I will be giving it a couple of days before I become a real pain in O2's sitting down bits, and will indeed be following the alternative sim route, albeit permanently at the end of my contract.

O2, you have had my money, now give me the service!

Message 41 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to throw even more confusion into the water, I just spoke to an o2 Guru who said the update was due by the "end of the month" as it still required some work, But he thought it would be more like 10 days? So who knows!
Message 42 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow, that's very confusing!

Well, the guys have double checked it with the device team for me and on both occasions they've confirmed it wasn't being tested. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that's correct.
Message 43 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good job you can charge back Direct Debits, If o2 Cant provide the service then they shouldn't have our money.
Message 44 of 92

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149328 Posts
  • 668 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
What service exactly are O2 not providing ? (By service I mean a contractually specified term that's not been met).....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 45 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Without looking through the small print, contractually probably nothing.

However as a customer, I expect a transparent service, with clear answers to clear questions. This is not being provided.

Message 46 of 92

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149328 Posts
  • 668 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
I agree and it's a major failing of O2 (not just on BB either), I was just trying to make a point to the guy who threatened to stop and recall his DD because of it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 47 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leonard - please look at http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/03/blackberry-10-update/ in which Blackberry say "We’ll be rolling out the update with all of our carrier partners around the globe over the coming weeks". This update fixes several very significant problems - I can't believe that O2 are not providing it - please could you double chek again?

Message 48 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you say "it wasn't being tested" does that mean we will never get this update?
I have been reading on the Crackberry site almost everyday and everyone is saying there has been big improvements on their Z10 since the update. I want mine too...lol
Message 49 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I agree - we need to become better at communicating about software updates and phone launches. Ideally, I want to pro-actively inform you on what's going on with your device (rather than reactively like here).

As O2 is a large and complex organisation, it'll take some time to get there, but it's an something I'm personally working very hard on to nail.

@shadwellal: I will check again for this particular update, but as I mentioned, I'm pretty sure the answer will stay the same. 

@lethal: That just goes for this update. The improvements will still be part of major software updates in the future.

Cheers,

Leonard

Message 50 of 92