cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Curve Data Services not working (phone prev used on Tesco Network)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!

If anyone could offer any advice as to what to do get data services working on my phone I would appreciate it, o2 don't seem to have a clue and my previous sim provider (tesco mobile) are not interested either.

Bought the phone from tesco and used it for 12 months, tesco unlocked the phone and I purchased a new o2 sim and ported my number.  Since inserting the new sim bbm doesn't work.

O2 have told me on many many occasions to:

take the battery out clean the sim

register host routing table (nothing ever comes back)

told to visit o2 shop - who said I needed a new sim card - didn't work

told to visit o2 shop again - this time they said my software needed updated - still didn't work

told to visit o2 shop again - this time after 2 hours they said to go back to tesco as the phone was faulty.

The phone worked fine when I used the tesco sim card, tesco said they can't help as I have confirmed to them that the phone did work when their sim card was in it.

I have wasted so so much time on this in the past 2 weeks and still no further forward, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

My wife uses o2 and this new sim was for my son, I decided it would be better for us all to be on o2, my new sim came today which I had hoped to insert into my vodafone phone (now unlocked) don't want to use the sim as am so angry at o2 for their lack of help in the past few weeks and passing me from pillar to post.

Sorry sorry for long post, I felt it was better to include everything I have done so far.

Does anyone know how I stand with cancelling the sim, the sim has been used to make about 3 phone calls since we got it, but it is no use to my son if we can't use data services s so I'm better returning to tesco if it can't be fixed, the sim really isn't fit for purpose, so I would expect I would have cancellation rights would I be right?

D.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Next step is to register the handset and create account with O2 ?

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=o2mailuk
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Firstly, have you got the Blackberry bolt on active on the account?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, yes the shop and chat operators checked that it had been added.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Next step is to register the handset and create account with O2 ?

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=o2mailuk

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for pointing this out, don't think I ever created an account for my son (it's his phone that has the problem.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6