Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g broadband in a rural area.

Adam2000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, I recently sort of setup a 4g network out in this rural area which comes from a 4g antenne on a garage roof on the hill and goes through the ground to the house. We have two routers one in the garage (so the antenne connect to it) and one in the house to distribute the internet. right now we use a huawei b525 down at the house and a huawei b311 in the garage the problem is that the huawei b311 only uses one antenne cable which means the signal is weaker than if you had 2 cables plugged in, it also only has one lan/wan so useless for having pc's ect... from it. So I bought the TP-Link TL-MR6400 to pair with the b525 but it's not working together for some reason only the b311 works with it I have tried bridge mode but nothing still. Do I have to buy another TP-link router? Anyway i'm asking here because I'm switching from three to o2 unlimited contract in a couple of days because o2 has a much better coverage here and would like to get it sorted before the switch if possible.             

Appreciate any help

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Adam2000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep apn are set correctly I'm going to buy another tp-link so there the same two routers and see if it works. I think it could be because one is Huawei and one is TP-link although they are both 4g lte. It's probably possible to get these working somehow but it's probably complicated. 

Message 11 of 11