cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Spot Third party phone provider very dubias.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a O2 customer for more than 12 years. My contract was ending in December 2016 and in November i received a call from someone who said was from O2 and wanted to give me some offers for a new contract. However in the conversation later on said is from an authorised O2 third party, by the name Phone Spot. I proceed with the conversation because he had all my details and gave me confidance to be genuine third party. 

I agreed to take a Microsoft Lumia 650. he gave me 14 days to return if i decide to change my mind. I received the phone in few days and didn't like the phone and the tariff as well was with less megabites. I decided to cancell and return it back. The phone number provided for customer services was answered by answering machine telling me they are busy my call will be answered in 13 minutes. But was holding for more than twenty minutes and no one answered the phone. i tried it for several day without success. On their terms and conditions they provided an address for returns and also to include a cancellation letter. Thats what i did as a last resort. I paid £7.25 for special delivery. To my surprise the post man delivered it back and told me that there was no company like that at that address it has moved if it was there.

I tried to call the number again to no avail. Now am stuck with the phone i dont like. When i contacted O2 they said there is nothing they can do because its a third party. I was also surprised to receive a call from O2 saying they wanted to check if i was happy with my new contract. When i explained my situation to them they gave me the same answer ,third party this and that. 

They start saying its a third party because am not happy? If i was happy with my contract you/ they were not going to mention the third party issue. I am 100% sure that O2 is very aware of this company and if they wanted to contact them on behalf of me as their customer they could have done so. Why do you do business with companies you do not have contact with?

I feel that Phone spot is a dubias company thriving on cheating people, of which O2 must act upon. if possible O2 must get rid of these third party companies if they are so dishonesty like this. Your help and feed back will be really appriciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144398 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Never, never, never buy from a cold call.
O2 complaints is on this link but you have authorised the upgrade so I think you will struggle now http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Another company claiming to represent O2. A new one that I've never heard of. Cold callers should always be ignored but O2 have obviously shared your information.
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122944 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

According to this article (Over 10 years old ) The Phone Spot are, or were, part of the Carphone Warehouse group....http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=300426

Which would explain why they have the OPs details?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

That doesn't really explain the return to sender status. I can't think it's part of CPW these days or surely the initially caller would have said so rather than Phone Spot?

Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122944 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Yes the article I linked to was full of customers moaning about them...and a few of them had discovered they were part of CPW at the time..they may well have set up on their own.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Well from what I've seen the complaints are this month.

According to their website they are still part of CPW.

https://www.thephonespot.com/

About Us

When you place an order with us, we want you to be happy. Happy because you've had a great choice of mobile products to choose from, you've got a brilliant deal and the service you've received has been friendly and helpful.

We want you to enjoy your new product. We're confident that we have a great range of products to suit all needs and budgets. We want you to feel that buying a phone is hassle free and that we save you those hours trawling the high street and internet.

The phonespot.com is a trading division of The Carphone Warehouse Limited.

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144398 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I'd be calling CPW then and returning phone to them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122944 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

To confirm I have had numerous phone calls from CPW as I am due an upgrade. They all came in on different numbers after I had blocked a couple. I rang one back and when they answered they stated  a name I didn't recognise so I put the phone down and blocked that number as well. I am sure they said Phone Spot...

(Only just remembered that if honest ...as it was all in the week before I came away...) slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11