cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't find Enterprise Activation on my BlackBerry 8900 device, nor do O2's live chat team seem to be of any use. Can anybody help me?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Is it not part of your service books?
https://o2mailuk.blackberry.com/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5

Unfortunately not - that's BIS. I set BES up with Hosted Exchange to sync contacts, calendar, tasks and memos between multiple devices.

@jonsie 

I can't seem to find the option for Enterprise Activation. BlackBerry's support told me it may be deactivated on O2's end.

As for the renaming, the hosting company seem to just call it BES. Might just be them. Thanks for the links!

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Daft question any reason you are still using a BB 8900 (i know its an awesome device)

This is im afraid going to get messy, as an ex BES Admin:

BES 5 has been replaced twice now by BES 10 and BES12, neither of which support natively BBOS 5.x or 7.x devices, the only way to get this working is to upgrade the old BES 5 server to BES 12 which keeps the service installed on the server, and this all has to be on premise.

However, Blackberry havent announced and end of support yet for BES 5, but did kill off Blackberry Cloud Services linked to Office 365 in August this year ( I have the scars from moving 1500 9xxx devices off this)

Also who is your hosting company? As this will help decode what you have. 

You will also need to install this if you can: (The enterprise Activation app).

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/33609/?countrycode=GB&lang=en 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5