cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Spot Third party phone provider very dubias.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a O2 customer for more than 12 years. My contract was ending in December 2016 and in November i received a call from someone who said was from O2 and wanted to give me some offers for a new contract. However in the conversation later on said is from an authorised O2 third party, by the name Phone Spot. I proceed with the conversation because he had all my details and gave me confidance to be genuine third party. 

I agreed to take a Microsoft Lumia 650. he gave me 14 days to return if i decide to change my mind. I received the phone in few days and didn't like the phone and the tariff as well was with less megabites. I decided to cancell and return it back. The phone number provided for customer services was answered by answering machine telling me they are busy my call will be answered in 13 minutes. But was holding for more than twenty minutes and no one answered the phone. i tried it for several day without success. On their terms and conditions they provided an address for returns and also to include a cancellation letter. Thats what i did as a last resort. I paid £7.25 for special delivery. To my surprise the post man delivered it back and told me that there was no company like that at that address it has moved if it was there.

I tried to call the number again to no avail. Now am stuck with the phone i dont like. When i contacted O2 they said there is nothing they can do because its a third party. I was also surprised to receive a call from O2 saying they wanted to check if i was happy with my new contract. When i explained my situation to them they gave me the same answer ,third party this and that. 

They start saying its a third party because am not happy? If i was happy with my contract you/ they were not going to mention the third party issue. I am 100% sure that O2 is very aware of this company and if they wanted to contact them on behalf of me as their customer they could have done so. Why do you do business with companies you do not have contact with?

I feel that Phone spot is a dubias company thriving on cheating people, of which O2 must act upon. if possible O2 must get rid of these third party companies if they are so dishonesty like this. Your help and feed back will be really appriciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
I've started getting a load of withheld numbers this week too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 11