cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tennis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Andy Murray won his match in style today at Queens Club London

he is coming to the net more which is great to see from a strong natural base-line player

A fabulous over-head back-hand volley springs to mind

Of course he is fab in the long base-line ralleys

Not a bead of sweat on him

like the way he throws his sweat bands into the crowd

Great guy ... ... ... Bouncy

Message 1 of 93
92 REPLIES 92

Cleoriff
  • 124141 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

So am I.....it was great to see. My only complaint is the BBC bias toward one sport. All we have heard and seen for the past 2 weeks is extensive coverage and commentary about Wimbledon.

I have news for them. It was the British F1 this weekend. It attracted a higher percentage of visitors than ever before. F1 was started in Britain.....and yet it received barely a mention. Oh and yes...it was won by a British driver, 3 times World Champion....racing round the classic Silverstone track in the wind and rain...at speeds up to 200mph

He also broke the record for consecutive wins at this track..... Just thought this was worth a mention....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 81 of 93

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
But this is the tennis thread......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 82 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 124141 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
But this is the tennis thread......

Which is why the BBC bias toward TENNIS deserved a mention Rich....Rolleys

I mean come on.....As great as I think Andy Murray is...I thought he came from Scotland....Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 83 of 93

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 84 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 124141 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Actually the British did well at Wimbledon. Heather Watson won the mixed doubles, Gordon Reid the wheelchair singles....Not forgetting Marcus Willis, who won the shot of the tournament during his match against Roger Federer.Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 85 of 93

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Murray wins in straight sets, but it wasn't easy !

I turned on the tv and as I did, Murray started losing the game he was on, so I turned over as I thought I was bad luck haha.

But....seems to have worked wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 86 of 93

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Looking back, it was comfortable for him but it looked like hard work at the time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 87 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 124141 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
Murray wins in straight sets, but it wasn't easy !

I turned on the tv and as I did, Murray started losing the game he was on, so I turned over as I thought I was bad luck haha.

But....seems to have worked wink

I did exactly the same. Why do we always thinks it's us who jinxes these sports players? I shall be expert with the remote when the Olympics are on...:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 88 of 93

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Looking back, it was comfortable for him but it looked like hard work at the time.

The women's final seemed much more evenly matched though, would you agree? Great game

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 89 of 93

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
It sure was - I've enjoyed Wimbledon more than the Euro's if I'm honest.
Message 90 of 93