cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just been onto O2 Chat = Urgh!

Anonymous
Not applicable

what 4 letter word beginning with p & ending with t rhymes with O2Chat

I told the 'man' ..... won't mention his name, to please be patient with me, as I'm not very techie ..... & he made polite noises ..... = ..... alright so far

but the my cursor just would not go into my reply box, no matter how much I pressed the mouse button

I got cut off before whatever was wrong righted itself, but not before some strange text came up something about 'not initializing'

so, when I did the review of the 'chat' I explained why I had called O2Chat (actually something to do with my account) ..... & ..... said wink in future I'll do what I normally do & use the O2 community Bouncy

I realise that queries on accounts may not be permitted publicly on O2 community ..... anyway Marina sorted the problem out by pm

I've been told by Joe in my town of Skipton O2 store that the O2Chat operators are dealing with several people at the same time ..... but there is no excuse for 'putting the phone down' on anyone unless it is a malicious caller at 'the other end of the line'

WispaRed7 Cat

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree.

Customer service is what they are primarily there for.
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Unfortunately they tend to carry on 2-3 chats at a time and I only use it when needs must such as being overseas and unsocial hours.

No excuses for ending sessions when they feel like it though. Glad that @Anonymous could sort it out for you slight_smile

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad I was able to help you @Anonymous and sorry to hear your experience with o2 chat...

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

only use it if I really really must  or feel an urge for necrose equine beating spent an age over the o2 app crashing on my note went round in circles for ages, never sorted. similar with trying to sort out an upgrade issue, phone call sorted the latter out in a couple of minutes

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

It seems from varying reports that Live Chat are only half way decent if you know what the heck you are talking about when you ring them!!

A catch 22 then...if you are techy minded you probably wouldn't be ringing them in the first place for technical support....However....if you arent techie....then you have problems because neither are they!!

I have said many times on here and to others, I have never had any reason to 'speak' to chat about any issue with my phone...I just ask the experts on here.... as I have been doing for the past two years...

I am shortly due to change phones and go on a different tariff....I wont be dealing with any of that over the phone.... tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I'm lucky to be quite technical alas I could be quite easily led astray by misinformation from customer sevice. In the end, O2 customer support are there to sell and promote 'recommended products' as well as give sound advice. Knowing which is which and reading between the lines is the tricky bit in some cases.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

virtual kudos to you guys slight_smile

btw I chose to use a keying in method of communication (O2Chat) re my O2 account problem as I'm not a quick thinker voice to voice, ie CS, who would rung rings round me and become annoyed with me ..... c/o tone of voice/fast speech/raised volume of voice/background noise Fear

WispaRed7 

Message 8 of 8