cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

footie: Euro 2016

Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a mistake in the virtual lounge or Wanty's ... ... ... by saying England are into the knock-out part of the game ... well ... they arn't are they yet ... *eats humble pie* ... are they? ... ... ... after the pub this afternoon / early evening ... I now know England play on Monday, is it Turkey? ... & they can win or draw & they will be through to the next stage

this kinda thing from England gives me an attack of the heebie-jeebies

I shall watch the match on Monday with 'heart in mouth'

From the last major footie competition ie World Cup 2014 in was it Brazil? ... ... ... where we did not get out of the group stage (memory being excercised here) ... sumut to do with England's best players in the Premiership being foreigners & playing for their own countries 

This time around do we have some home-grown players to represent England? ... Vardi?

Sven was loyal to Beckham ... ... ... is Hodgson loyal to Rooney in the same way? ... ... ... Don't know

Message 1 of 362
361 REPLIES 361

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to see Eddie Howe get the England job.  I'm not sure about Sam Allardyce but the one I feel most strongly about is Glenn Hoddle.  I couldn't support the England team if he was manager even if they were to win the World Cup - the FA need to remember he was sacked for his nasty, judgemental drivel and I doubt he's changed.  I loathe him so much I have to turn down the sound when he's commentating.

*I probably should explain that I feel this strongly about Hoddle's comments as my Dad was disabled.

Message 361 of 362

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I agree, he upset not only disabled people but their families with his religeous twaddle. He won't change his views and if that was what he thought then there is no place for him in football and definitely not in charge of the England team. People have long memories and I don't think the FA are seriously onsidering him as an option.

Message 362 of 362