Did you mean: 

Your holiday tips: Rome

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi guys, 

In just over a month, I'll be heading to Rome for a week. I'm really excited about visiting the landmarks, seeing the ruins, eating some amazing food, and just taking in the culture and atmosphere Confused

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 15.06.28.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-20 at 15.08.45.png

Have any of you been to Rome before, and have any tips to share?

I'm open to all suggestions, whether it's about what to do, where to go, how to go about anything ... it'll be my first time in Italy, so your advice and experience is welcome!

Thanks!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 31 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

And why the hell did I stick an extra o on that too.

Fml

Message 32 of 53

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Glory1 & @Cleoriff Believe it or not, my main criteria to pick end of September instead of Summer was the milder weather and the smaller crowds of tourists!

@Anonymous Until you mentioned it I didn't consider my desk might be in jeopardy LOL

Thanks @Martin-O2 and @jonsie smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 33 of 53

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Glory1 & @Cleoriff Believe it or not, my main criteria to pick end of September instead of Summer was the milder weather and the smaller crowds of tourists!

@Anonymous Until you mentioned it I didn't consider my desk might be in jeopardy LOL

Thanks @Martin-O2 and @jonsie smiley

I believe you @EmilieT wink

Apparently nothing is safe if you're on holiday, so good luck when you come back joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 34 of 53

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Check out trip advisor or italian trains to see if you can get to Pompeii.  Mind blowing what nature can do to human lives and its daily life.

The Coliseum

The Trevi fountains - i threw a coin in in 1967   and I did go back in 2004 . Thats the legend

Just wandering about taking in Italian life. The little cafes down the tiny alleys can be cheaper than the ones on the piazzas.

I dont know if Rome has a historical / cultural museum . If so they are often enlightening and out of the sun

Bon Voyage   or Bueno Viajago (?)

Message 35 of 53

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @Jenny105 for the ideas, I did throw a coin in the Trevi fountain so I hope I'll go back soon! 

I had a great time discovering Rome, walking around a lot and eating way too much! There's so much to see in the city that we stayed there the full 6 days, we'll have to go back another time to see Pompei, Venice, Capri, and all the other day-tips you suggested. I shared a few pictures of my time there in the 2018 holiday pics thread if you're curious slight_smile

@Anonymous & @jonsie 

My desk did get a slight makeover ... @Martin-O2 or @Marjo will share some pictures of their work shortly joy

signature

Message 36 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fab pics ET. welcome back!

Message 37 of 53

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Cheers @Anonymous, good to be back! It was hard to pick just a few pics, Rome is such a beautiful city and I tend to take way too many photos wink

signature

Message 38 of 53

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

It's good to have you back @EmilieT! slight_smile slight_smile

So, we wanted to do something a bit different from Martin's desk and went for the classic tinfoil desk and spent Friday evening on this...

Desktop:

IMG_7292b.jpg

We wrapped the items on top of the desk too tongue

IMG_7289.JPG

IMG_7418b.jpg

And all the things in the draw:

IMG_7290b.jpg

Message 39 of 53

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

It looks fantastic @Marjo. I'm sure @EmilieT didn't really want to work anyway her first day back LOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 40 of 53