Did you mean: 

Your holiday tips: Rome

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi guys, 

In just over a month, I'll be heading to Rome for a week. I'm really excited about visiting the landmarks, seeing the ruins, eating some amazing food, and just taking in the culture and atmosphere Confused

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 15.06.28.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-20 at 15.08.45.png

Have any of you been to Rome before, and have any tips to share?

I'm open to all suggestions, whether it's about what to do, where to go, how to go about anything ... it'll be my first time in Italy, so your advice and experience is welcome!

Thanks!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Would agree - that game would have a great atmosphere, but be prepared for the intensity.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just be careful when eating out, as some restaurants will take advantage of tourists.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/europe/italy-scams-tourists-restaurants-how-not-to-get-ripped-o...

Message 12 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I did copy and paste from Google photos as they are all on an external hard drive in Thailand. So Ive downloaded them and I try again.

BTW, the climb to the summit of Vesuvius isn't too taxing unless you have a medical condition. It's a path dug  into the volcano in a spiral and covered with cinders so sandals are out.....except for me! Those photos aren't backed up to Google for some reason?

Rome 05.jpg

IMGP0631.jpg

Rome 59.jpg

Rome 68.jpg

Message 13 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsieAt least they are showing in your gallery now. They weren't this morning....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 53

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Strangely enough I can still see the original photos on this thread, must be something to do with IP addresses or smmat.

Message 15 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Strangely enough I can still see the original photos on this thread, must be something to do with IP addresses or smmat.

That's weird. I can't see them on Laptop using FF or Chrome...not on my Note 8....Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 53

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 & @gmarkj

I'll look into it, not sure it'll happen but worth checking ... I've only ever been to one football game before, and it was a pre-season friendly so this would be very very different soccer

@Glory1

No worries, if anything that tells me that it's really worth wandering about, which I love to do heart

@jonsie

Love the pictures, thanks for adding them again - Do you have any of your trip up Vesuvius and the bubbling lava?

@Anonymous

526€ Surprised That's insane, I always check menus or look up restaurants if I can before going in so we'll be careful, thanks for the warning and the interesting read!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 17 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jonsie just enjoyed looking at your fabulous photos of Rome smiling

Message 18 of 53

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35790 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Great photos, @jonsie - Roaming in Rome, never done it. 

Message 19 of 53

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @MI5@Glory1@jonsie@Cleoriff@gmarkj, @Anonymous, @Anonymous and @pgn for chipping in - I appreciate all the suggestions and am now really excited about soon flying to feast on pasta, pizza and gelato smiley

Just a heads up, I'll be off for the next two weeks after today, until Monday 8th october sun

During that time if you want to flag anything to the Community Team just give @Martin-O2 or @Marjo a shout. I'll make sure to reply to any PMs or threads when I'm back!

signature

Message 20 of 53