cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You did say that Rugby Union Might Feature.........

Bill1945
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi There,

I seem to remember that Rugby Union may well be mentioned in the Community. The Six Nations is upon us and "Kicks Off" on Saturday 3rd Feb 2018. Amongst your very varied and well read contributors there must be pundits itching to broadcast their opinion as to who will win the honours available. (BTW is there a sweepstake in the O2 Community Office?)

Any response will be gratefully received. All of course within the ethos of the game.

Bill

Give the People a Voice
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Bill1945
  • 32 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Regarding the Wales v. Scotland match, Wales seem to have been more tactically aware than Scotland and played a more structured game. Scotland were very unaware of the "Big Game" requirement.

Bitterly disappointing for the Scots supporters who travelled to Cardiff. 

You are correct I think (together with @maryofdungloe) to predict that it is Ireland's year.

I'll now have to change to my other hat (and no jokes please about which one I am talking through).

Bill

Give the People a Voice
Message 11 of 32

Bill1945
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @jonsie,

I hope you are having a peaceful Sunday. 

I know this is an "Off- topic>Off - topic" but we had thought seriously of buying a house in Hua Hin. We have a friend who owns a few houses there in a new compound and rents them out during the holiday season. I've been to many places around the world where you can find Paradise and Hua Hin is one of them.The people are beautiful as well as the place.

Bill

Give the People a Voice
Message 12 of 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

wrote:

Hi @jonsie,

I know this is an "Off- topic>Off - topic" but we had thought seriously of buying a house in Hua Hin. We have a friend who owns a few houses there in a new compound and rents them out during the holiday season. I've been to many places around the world where you can find Paradise and Hua Hin is one of them.The people are beautiful as well as the place.

Bill

There is no problem taking an off topic thread off topic @Bill1945 Particularly as you were the OP (Original Poster) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 32

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

wrote:

wrote:

Hi @jonsie,

Bill

There is no problem taking an off topic thread off topic @Bill1945 Particularly as you were the OP (Original Poster) wink

Yes I love Hua Hin and agree  with you @Bill1945 and we will be going there for a holiday just as soon as I get home 😃

I've had an enjoyable weekend, I watched both the Six Nation games yesterday and now watching the  England game which is currently 27 - 15 in our favour but there is 20 minutes to go....

Also watched the ManU game on Mobdro and MOTD in the evening. I'm now watching England on the tv, Super Sunday football on Sky using the tablet and on the community using one of my phones. Chatting to my wife inbetween it all on the other phone but you sometimes have to prioritise 😉😂

edit to add it's now 34-15 in the rugger 😃

Message 14 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

A comfortable win in the end for England, as a porous Italian defence allowed a couple of soft tries to put a gloss on the final score. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42918846

I think Eddie Jones will be reasonably happy with that performance though, with the only real negative being the injury that saw Ben Youngs being stretchered off. 

Message 15 of 32

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Very pleasantly surprised by Wales' performance.  Very happy smiley

The France Ireland game was so dull I turned it off before half time.  France were let down once again by not having a world class kicker.  The kick they missed with a few minutes to go would have sealed the match, and wasn't that difficult.  Very poor.

England were always going to win yesterday.  Italy competed well for 70 minutes but literally went to pieces in the last 10 minutes.  Their decision making was atrocious in that last 10 minutes, and the least said about those 2 kick offs the better.  They are never ever going to improve unless they cut these silly errors out.

After this first round of games, England are streets ahead of the rest and I can't see anyone stopping them winning a record 3rd title in a row and the grand slam.

Thanks

Steve
Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ireland 56 - 19 Italy 

It looked like a rout was on the cards at half-time, but Italy finished strongly, and were unlucky not to get something out of the game. It was a superb try saving tackle by Keith Earls, that denied the Italians a bonus point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42989361

Message 17 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s seems that try saving tackles are the order of the day, as England’s defence holds out for a tight victory. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42987882

Message 18 of 32

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The Welsh did well, they fought to the end. And yes, that was some tackle!

Message 19 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scotland 32 - 26 France 

Good response from Scotland, and a very entertaining game 😉

Message 20 of 32