O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Reply
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
Posts: 660
Registered: ‎25-11-2014

Xiaomi enters UK with phones, wristband, and scooter

I must admit, with the silly money that we're expected to shell out for smartphones nowadays, this is the kind of phone that might tempt me back to Android.

 

I'm not too sure about the scooter though  Smiley Surprised

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46140487

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
Posts: 933
Registered: ‎27-11-2017

Re: Xiaomi enters UK with phones, wristband, and scooter

[ Edited ]

I’ve seen the hype by the tech you tubers about xiaomi but I can’t say I’ve seen anything that makes them stand out from the pack.

Add the paranoia about China jamming their spy software into devices and I’m well and truly put off! (Read HERE)

I’m a noob
Posts: 61,615
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: Xiaomi enters UK with phones, wristband, and scooter

[ Edited ]

@Curmudgeon wrote:

I’ve seen the hype by the tech you tubers about xiaomi but I can’t say I’ve seen anything that makes them stand out from the pack.

Add the paranoia about China jamming their spy software into devices and I’m well and truly put off! (Read HERE)


I wouldn't be trusting any manufacturer... or government come to that!

Posts: 80,791
Topics: 501
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: Xiaomi enters UK with phones, wristband, and scooter

I can see a price war starting now with 2 very capable phones priced around the £500 mark.
Might make Apple, Huawei and Samsung rethink?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

Friends come and go but the memories stay forever.



Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
Posts: 933
Registered: ‎27-11-2017

Re: Xiaomi enters UK with phones, wristband, and scooter


@jonsie wrote:

@Curmudgeon wrote:

I’ve seen the hype by the tech you tubers about xiaomi but I can’t say I’ve seen anything that makes them stand out from the pack.

Add the paranoia about China jamming their spy software into devices and I’m well and truly put off! (Read HERE)


I wouldn't be trusting any manufacturer... or government come to that!


I’m sure they’re all as bad as each other really, but whenever I hear China are involved.. alarm bells ring. Not sure if that’s justified tho, Western paranoia?

I’m a noob
Posts: 61,615
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: Xiaomi enters UK with phones, wristband, and scooter

Is £500 now classed as mid-range? I guess it is compared to the top end phones now....

Posts: 80,791
Topics: 501
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: Xiaomi enters UK with phones, wristband, and scooter

Almost considered "cheap" by comparison !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

Friends come and go but the memories stay forever.



Posts: 61,615
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: Xiaomi enters UK with phones, wristband, and scooter

Level 60: Scholar
Posts: 10,779
Registered: ‎31-03-2010

Re: Xiaomi enters UK with phones, wristband, and scooter


@jonsie wrote:

Is £500 now classed as mid-range? I guess it is compared to the top end phones now....


Here's something that will really rile you, @jonsie. The OnePlus 6T that sells for £500 in the UK sells in the US for $500!

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Posts: 57,754
Topics: 627
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Xiaomi enters UK with phones, wristband, and scooter

To be honest I can't worry about phones and spyware. I would never move on with my life if I went down that route.

I'm Samsung through and through. 

I am used to their layout and the way they work so I won't be changing anytime soon. Not very adventurous with new phones to be honest.

My Note 8 is perfect. wink

*The Game Is On*